Thai ladies and Thailand's view on age

MarcTwoSix

You ever notice that Thailand and even more so, Thai ladies themselves, describe a TG as old when they really aren't that old?
And that the Thai ladies will act as if they are much older than what their age is,

My wife acts as if her mom is acient and she is probably around 58-60yrs old
Her Aunt is 45yrs old and her Aunt herself talks and acts like she is 65yrs old!

RakThai

When you are born you are a baby, and that only changes when you go to school,
Then you become a boy or a girl,
A girl becomes a young lady when she has her first period, traditional also meaning you are eligible for a boyfriend, marriage and reproduction.

Then when you have a baby you become a lady, and usually leave the kid(s) with grandma and be off to work somewhere..
Then when your children have baby's, your role as provider can end, you can go home and perform the grandma duties...
So that's when you get "old"

Average expectancy in Thailand was 54 years in 1960..
Now it's about 77, but the traditional values still linger...

do ron

I actually think TG’s in general are usually quite immature for their age .
I’m not sure if its their ‘ mai pen rai ‘ culture or sometimes they just don’t appreciate the seriousness of a situation . Probably the reason they look so young most of the time .

Their tantrums and sulking is akin to an adolescent teenager at times . I blame that on Thai soap operas 555

RakThai

I’m not sure if its their ‘ mai pen rai ‘ culture or sometimes they just don’t appreciate the seriousness of a situation . Probably the reason they look so young most of the time .

Their tantrums and sulking is akin to an adolescent teenager at times . I blame that on Thai soap operas 555
Just imagine have to leave school at 14 yo and having to work in the rice-fields all day or escaping to a 3 by 3 room near a factory where you can work from 7 am to 7 pm 7 days a week.. (and sent your earnings home)
Now why would that immaturity come out when you get the opportunity?

do ron

Just imagine have to leave school at 14 yo and having to work in the rice-fields all day or escaping to a 3 by 3 room near a factory where you can work from 7 am to 7 pm 7 days a week.. (and sent your earnings home)
Now why would that immaturity come out when you get the opportunity?

Rak - you’re a very intelligent man and I enjoy reading your posts , but you know aswell as I do a lot of Thai women especially these days don’t come from the back round .you described . Apologies if that sounds patronising or churlish .

But for the Thai women that do- I can understand why they let the immaturity out .

RakThai

Rak - you’re a very intelligent man and I enjoy reading your posts , but you know aswell as I do a lot of Thai women especially these days don’t come from the back round .you described . Apologies if that sounds patronising or churlish .

But for the Thai women that do- I can understand why they let the immaturity out .
Well, thanks, I guess.. 555

To be honest, most ladies I know that show that spoiled girl pouting are the ones that did not have any real adolescence, but went from being a girl (or boy) to being workforce adults..
And the ones that did have the opportunity to have that essential period in life, which are the ones who could afford to study don't display this same behavior..

Maybe a selection bias based on limited experience?

MarcTwoSix

To be honest, most ladies I know that show that spoiled girl pouting are the ones that did not have any real adolescence, but went from being a girl (or boy) to being workforce adults..
And the ones that did have the opportunity to have that essential period in life, which are the ones who could afford to study don't display this same behavior..

I don't know about pouting as I am, unfortunately, not around many University girls 5555

But my stepson is definitely immature and he's lived a pretty easy life and his friends all seem a bit immature

But I also see your point of missing adolescence
My wife often laments that
Say if we are out shopping and she sees a group of teenagers out and about
She did not have that

Related to that
My MIL had a hard time understanding my stepson's life
Her kids didn't live like him, going to the movie and the mall
Sleepover at friend's houses
So that caused a lot of friction.....

sidvicious

I think some guys are missing your point.
Thai girls are not unique in the fact that they loose out on adolescence because of the circumstances. It happens all over the world but they are still more immature then people in other countries. Maybe its because they hang out with like minded immature people?
All the woman I know who had similar circumstances(leaving school young to work) in other countries(even here) some a few generations ago are not like that.

do ron

Ah im not sure Rak i've met Thai women from all different walks of life . In my mind im trying to compare them with Filipinos whom i haven't had as much experience with . I dont think fillipinos are as immature and i reckon in general they have it tougher than thai women . Again that's a massive generalisation i just made .

Just been thinking of your last post regarding lost adolescence , we just take it for granted - the playing football every evening with friends , school trips , not a care in the world basically .

We won the lottery when we were born really .

MarcTwoSix

Ah im not sure Rak i've met Thai women from all different walks of life . In my mind im trying to compare them with Filipinos whom i haven't had as much experience with . I dont think fillipinos are as immature and i reckon in general they have it tougher than thai women . Again that's a massive generalisation i just made .
Famous Hong Kong expat saying, where there was plenty of Thai girls and Phil girls around

Filipinas are like dogs and TG's are like cats 5555

OZZYGUY

All the comments above about Filipina's I guess I can confirm most of it is true.

The immature thing I don't see with Filipina's at all even the young teenager girls and its a big thing that put me off the few Thai's I dated. It drove me nuts and I dated some Thais from all economic back grounds.

Paulie once said the dogs cat thing and to be honest at first well maybe 10 minutes I thought what a load of crap. But its so true in so many ways.

Defiantly lots of oompa loompa including my lovely wife at the moment.....555 Its the shit they eat.

But most Filipino's come from very poor back grounds and a extremely hard life much much worse than you see in Thailand.