ingredients

1 kilo of Pork Bones
1 Large white onion peeled and roughly chopped
1 Medium daikon radish (also known as mooli) roughly chopped
1 bulb of of galic smashed
1 tbsp of white peppercorns or a mixture of white and black
1 tbsp of coriander seeds
2 pieces of Coriander roots or a few stems, bruised

I put in some carrots also sweeten it up a bit.

Will be using it for breakfast noodle soup, just add egg or rice noogles and cabbage, beansprouts , thai herbs and condiments to taste(me its chili oil, dash of lime and fish sauce).

kaptainrob

Administrator
OzzyDamo;419980 said:
This guy has some good thai recipes- he's expat chef in los-

https://theroamingcook.com/recipe/thai-pork-stock/

ingredients

1 kilo of Pork Bones
1 Large white onion peeled and roughly chopped
1 Medium daikon radish (also known as mooli) roughly chopped
1 bulb of of galic smashed
1 tbsp of white peppercorns or a mixture of white and black
1 tbsp of coriander seeds
2 pieces of Coriander roots or a few stems, bruised

I put in some carrots also sweeten it up a bit.

Will be using it for breakfast noodle soup, just add egg or rice noogles and cabbage, beansprouts , thai herbs and condiments to taste(me its chili oil, dash of lime and fish sauce).
We frequently cook a variety of clear soups using Makro pork bones, so meaty it's always a meal in a bowl .... Jo also goes the next step with pak gard and tua now (fermented bean crackers) for a rich flavour. Many variations to that base stock. :respect:

OzzyDamo

kaptainrob;419985 said:
We frequently cook a variety of clear soups using Makro pork bones, so meaty it's always a meal in a bowl .... Jo also goes the next step with pak gard and tua now (fermented bean crackers) for a rich flavour. Many variations to that base stock. :respect:
There is 2 shops are good value in Ubon- this is the one next to the market at 7RJQ+M6 Kham Yai, Mueang Ubon Ratchathani District, Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand http://www.samchai-group.com/

kaptainrob

Administrator
OzzyDamo;419989 said:
There is 2 shops are good value in Ubon- this is the one next to the market at 7RJQ+M6 Kham Yai, Mueang Ubon Ratchathani District, Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand หน้าแรก - Samchai
Haven't been in Ubon for years. Jo flies home nowadays and always returns with issan sausages which we enjoy although we can slso get them at our local Sunday market 5 mins away ... cheaper than air freight 555

OzzyDamo

kaptainrob;419990 said:
Haven't been in Ubon for years. Jo flies home nowadays and always returns with issan sausages which we enjoy although we can slso get them at our local Sunday market 5 mins away ... cheaper than air freight 555
Long drives are a thing of the past, its cheaper and faster to fly, hope that high speed rail goes ahead, be more options to see the place.

kaptainrob

Administrator
OzzyDamo;419991 said:
Long drives are a thing of the past, its cheaper and faster to fly, hope that high speed rail goes ahead, be more options to see the place.
I don't mind the 900km (each way) drive, just don't have the time. But yes, cheaper to fly and safer than a 15hr coach ride.