Thai Road toll

MarcTwoSix

Those silver vans are death traps. Pax sitting on top of LPG cylinders might survive initial collision only to be fried if any fire. :(

A sedan car with airbags is safer, even a small hatch-back can be ok for front seat pax. Heavier vehicles often travel far too close behind smaller cars resulting in some nasty accidents though far more survivable than MB or vans.
Well I am angling to give him Ao's Yaris

But she loves that car more than me and Nut combined! 555

But ridiculous for it to sit there not driven when she is back in Canada full-time while we pay for a car for him.

Let's see if I win this battle 555

Another complete waste or a perfectly good automobile.
This is Thailand and even out here in my little part of this world I see it far to often.
Just stupid.
Motorcycles just falling into table drains, trucks falling over, cars leaving the road or crashing into on coming cars for no apparent reason.
Wish the MIL would get out more. 55

Tingtong

^ Yeah I would have thought Thailand would be about the same or more . When you look at a Car Stopped at Traffic lights in LOS they are surrounded by Bikes .

kaptainrob

Administrator
You could add at least 5mil more MBs that are not regestered to that list.
You may be correct. Also, close to 50% of all riders are unlicensed. It would be an interesting, yet never to happen, statistic as to how many deaths occur with the unlicensed?
Another potential road accident and death of riders cause, that's never mentioned, is high% all-round-windscreen tinting ... can't see thru into vehicle by day but how can a driver see OUT at night?

MarcTwoSix

^ Yeah I would have thought Thailand would be tabout the same or more . When you look at a Car Stopped at Traffic lights in LOS they are surrounded by Bikes .
Sit at a red light in Hanoi/Saigon
And then in BKK

You will realize the different on a massive scale!

I rode a MB in that madness of Hanoi
It was one of those cool "How did I end up here" cool travel moments

You may be correct. Also, close to 50% of all riders are unlicensed. It would be an interesting, yet never to happen, statistic as to how many deaths occur with the unlicensed?
Another potential road accident and death of riders cause, that's never mentioned, is high% all-round-windscreen tinting ... can't see thru into vehicle by day but how can a driver see OUT at night?
Yer the amount of tint here is sometimes unbelievable. Have a friend who can not drive any distance at night because of the level of tint.

Moo Uaon

I rode a MB in that madness of Hanoi
It was one of those cool "How did I end up here" cool travel moments
Just stick with the pack,don't be first or last and anyone be fine.
Quite different with less aggressive law breaking riders compared to riding around in BKK etc i found.

MarcTwoSix

Just stick with the pack,don't be first or last and anyone be fine.
Quite different with less aggressive law breaking riders compared to riding around in BKK etc i found.
Yes it looks crazy but it is quite easy
People let you in, are polite drivers

But still a great buzz being amongst

Hell, we even drive bicycles on the highway as well in Hanoi!
Wouldn't do that in Bangkok!!

Dupree

Naughty tree >>>

Haha Reminds me when I delivered pizzas in New York. There was this oddly placed telephone pole separating two driveways. But there was no grass or curbing around it. When I put it in reverse to back out I hit it real good. I was selling the car to another delivery guy. I was moving to California in a few weeks. Had to take off a couple hundred from the price. 55