Thai Road toll

Dupree

I was planning on taking my bike out tomorrow. I'm going to be a little nervous in the beginning now.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Car was passing the truck while the bike was approaching.
On the Phrae 11 highway, 6 or 7 pax in the car returning from a 'merit-making' ceremony (they always say that), overtaking too slow on a bend with inadequate visibility. Kenneth Murray(?) I think was his name, approaching at high speed took no evasive action, which was odd as a wide shoulder was available, and died on impact.

Moo Uaon

approaching at high speed took no evasive action
Saw it was a Honda PCX 150 which is capable of 102kms/hr flat out.
He should've been hard on the brakes and off into the rather smooth looking dirt shoulder and he'd be alive today.

Typical dickhead Thai driver in the car though overtaking on a corner with little to no vision of oncoming traffic.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Saw it was a Honda PCX 150 which is capable of 102kms/hr flat out.
He should've been hard on the brakes and off into the rather smooth looking dirt shoulder and he'd be alive today.

Typical dickhead Thai driver in the car though overtaking on a corner with little to no vision of oncoming traffic.
A few ppl knew Ken but no-one has commented as to whether he was possibly a novice rider as putting the bike down in the dirt would have saved his life. No apparent braking also odd.

Typical dickhead Thai driver sums it up for me.
And yes being in a car the Thai cnut would have expected the bike to get out of the way. If he even saw the bike.
You really need to be on the ball when out and about on the road.

MarcTwoSix