Thailand Immigration update - regional experiences

bacwaan

Zablive;323274 said:
Currently, as she is a non-Thai, if you are legally married and you get an Extension based on Retirement she can piggy-back on that with a dependent extension of the same length without showing additional finances.
Got a link showing that this is the case Baz?....I only ask as I couldn't find anything online setting this out (with a search) and I was standing in line at Immigration last week with 2 guys renewing their retirement extensions who were complaining that they had to show 2 x 800K baht in bank accounts here for theirs and their (farang) wive's extensions

Z

Zablive

bacwaan;323337 said:
Got a link showing that this is the case Baz?....I only ask as I couldn't find anything online setting this out (with a search) and I was standing in line at Immigration last week with 2 guys renewing their retirement extensions who were complaining that they had to show 2 x 800K baht in bank accounts here for theirs and their (farang) wive's extensions
I just read it 2 days ago on ThaiVisa - I'll try and find it.
However Koh Samui is classified as a "rogue office" now due to the extra requirements (which can be solved by money).

bacwaan

Zablive;323346 said:
I just read it 2 days ago on ThaiVisa - I'll try and find it.
However Koh Samui is classified as a "rogue office" now due to the extra requirements (which can be solved by money).
I won't disagree with that assessment...they seem to be trying to make it as hard as they can here...Medical certificate, copy of house book, rental agreement, google map showing longtitude and latitude, 3 lots of bank requirents (letter, statement going back one year and copies of al pages of the passbook) etc etc...and even after all that the woman interviewing me had me do a hand drawn map of where i live...she was surprised by how correct and detailed it was...the old architect hand is still in...555....and after that 2 more visits befeore i got it

as I said in another thread they were trying to make a farang married to a Thai lady change from a marriage vis to a retirement visa....they have gone from being easy to deal with in the past to being asshats here...since they built the big new offices and the lady in charge moved on...there is now a bloke here who has "cracked down"...if you get my drift

still...I have never been asked for money like I used to do every time I went to renew in HKT..they all used to say "ice crem, ice cream...we all want ice crem" right to your face..it was kinda funy in a way...500 baht was enough to move your renewal on quickly though BTW, so in some ways I'd prefer that to visiting 3 different times...