Thailand Pass

sidvicious

Asked about the process for exiting isolation. Apparently the doctor doesn't visit or speak to you, and just sends the hotel the certificate. TiT 555

Nice job if you can get it! 95% asymptomatic, say 500 cases a day @ 1000 baht each. About A$20k a day. I wonder how many doctors are sharing in the spoils.
What's the use of the cert if you get a negative PCR or is it a 'requirement' to leave?
I can see some airlines not excepting that cert because they might be fined at the other end.

Nomad

What's the use of the cert if you get a negative PCR or is it a 'requirement' to leave?
I can see some airlines not excepting that cert because they might be fined at the other end.
Certificate has been presented as a requirement of exiting isolation. There isn't a PCR test on exit of isolation.

sidvicious

Certificate has been presented as a requirement of exiting isolation. There isn't a PCR test on exit of isolation.
Dont you need a negative PCR test any way to travel out? I can understand not needed if you will stay a while longer.

Nomad

^^ Not needed for Australia if you have had Covid within the 30 days of returning. However, I am transiting Singapore and they don't appear to have the same exemption from testing, so I will need one, yet not on day 10. You need to wait 14 days since testing positive before returning to Australia, I am out on Day 10, and Singapore requires a test 2 days prior. Thus, a test on day 10 doesn't serve any purpose.

MarcTwoSix

Asked about the process for exiting isolation. Apparently the doctor doesn't visit or speak to you, and just sends the hotel the certificate. TiT 555

Nice job if you can get it! 95% asymptomatic, say 500 cases a day @ 1000 baht each. About A$20k a day. I wonder how many doctors are sharing in the spoils.
We did our covid test to return to Canada and you have to link with a nurse online
She literally tells you to turn on machine and swab your nose

Filipina nurse in her house
I'm sure she makes some $$

Covid is big business

OZZYGUY

Filipina nurse in her house
I'm sure she makes some $$

Covid is big business
Wife was working from home with the call center, answering all the questions and booking people for jabs. They are screaming for nurses in Australia but when she took this job they advertised for nurses to work in the call center. Like anyone can answer questions if you have a script, leave the nurses for more important jobs.

MarcTwoSix

Wife was working from home with the call center, answering all the questions and booking people for jabs. They are screaming for nurses in Australia but when she took this job they advertised for nurses to work in the call center. Like anyone can answer questions if you have a script, leave the nurses for more important jobs.
Same with this covid test
Nurse way too qualified for what she needed to instruct me on

But it needs to meet Canada Govt approval
So hence the nurse needed to sign off

OZZYGUY

Starting to think we will just hang out in the room for the 7 days in Phuket. Maybe a early morning walk / swim on the beach.

Nomad

^^ Not needed for Australia if you have had Covid within the 30 days of returning. However, I am transiting Singapore and they don't appear to have the same exemption from testing, so I will need one, yet not on day 10. You need to wait 14 days since testing positive before returning to Australia, I am out on Day 10, and Singapore requires a test 2 days prior. Thus, a test on day 10 doesn't serve any purpose.
Singapore Airlines confirmed there is no exemption from a negative PCR test for Singapore, unlike Australia.

OZZYGUY

Anyone know anything about exiting Phuket by road? Do they have road blocks checking, do you need a certificate if staying in Thailand.

anmeno

Anyone know anything about exiting Phuket by road? Do they have road blocks checking, do you need a certificate if staying in Thailand.
Talked to Dean about this in the beginning of the month, he said that I needed proof of vaccination and id to enter Phuket.