Thailand Pass

MarcTwoSix

Well I arrived: Heathrow checked my Thai Pass, Fit to Fly Test Cert and vaccination cert, the NHS brought out a newer 30day one just in time. The FFP2 mask was comfy and at the next gate the Austrian Airlines were handing them out to those with bog standard masks.

Swiss flight to ZRH was good except now you pay for drinks and snacks, my cheese roll and hot drink £10. Transit gate had 4 booths to check same documents plus hotel booking, best to have printed, as smart phone users were having difficulties. Swiss B777 was on time but almost full, service was good.

Arrival BBK plenty of chairs, sit an have docs checked twice B4 going to special booths for check again, better hard copies, and difficulties for those that did not keep their last boarding pass. Only about 2 deep at immigration but same docs checked, in all it still beat the luggage delivery!

Hotels at gate 10 and seemed smooth for all of them, mine had 2 of us from same flight for the van, off to a drive around test centre at a hospital, much like a McDonalds set up, for PCR, very smart operation, entrance check P.P. next stop chemical phile handed me with my name on already, next stop assistant checks name, opens new swab, up the nose a long way, but quick and into phile, takes inside and comes back to do 2nd passenger.

Citrus hotel all geared and had breakfast and lunch already. Test results expected tomorrow, if negative move out.
Which Citrus did you stay in?
I was looking at Soi 11 and 13 for just the one night for Test &Go

PeteGill

So how are things on the ground as such? Any bothering restrictions? Just where and when do you need to be masked up?
I have seen articles where there is comment about hotels not enforcing policies and receiving warnings.
Do you feel at all restricted?

I am thinking about a possible trip once they decide to include us poor SAAFA's on their list of desirable s. But a holiday where I am constantly watching my back does worry me a bit.

OZZYGUY

So how are things on the ground as such? Any bothering restrictions? Just where and when do you need to be masked up?
I have seen articles where there is comment about hotels not enforcing policies and receiving warnings.
Do you feel at all restricted?

I am thinking about a possible trip once they decide to include us poor SAAFA's on their list of desirable s. But a holiday where I am constantly watching my back does worry me a bit.
You are retired now, this will suit you.

STV (special tourist visa).
Valid for 3 months, permits a stay of 90 days on entry, can be extended for a further 90 days twice within Thailand.
Requires mandatory Health Insurance, criminal record check etc.

mechime

I stayed at Citrus Suites Sukumvit 6, by Agoda. I had the larger room which was unnecessary for 1 night, the choice was price, 3 meals and that they were very responsive to my initial questions. Door bell rung once for food delivery, never saw the delivery person; I arrived early morning and had breakfast and second day got a lunch b4 check-out, plenty of water bottles in room and fridge, only a few tea and coffee sachets; I think I could have left earlier, but I had to ask if my results were ready and they were.
Don't kid yourself, its mask in shops, public transport, moto and outside 100%, except when eating; I bought alcohol from big C and 7-11, restaurants close at 9pm, so last order earlier, moto deliveries seem to go on and street food; most establishments have a hand up temperature checker, note, not head!

mechime

As stated keep boarding pass for that reason, If pinged, I am unsure if you can just stay isolated in hotel until 2 results are negative. I flew DMK to PHS, full flight, masks 100% no eating or drinking allowed, easy time for cabin crew; had last minute formality at gate for every one to be mobile contact QR coded for PHS as they said there had been a spike there, a guy had to do mine as I claimed no data (Voda charges £6 to use my UK allowance), he logged me into free airport wifi but even older locals had difficulty, that said we boarded early and sat 30 minutes on taxi way, I think there are a lot of check systems in place but like me I did not have an address in Phitsanulok as I was driving onwards so it was not water tight!

MarcTwoSix

As stated keep boarding pass for that reason, If pinged, I am unsure if you can just stay isolated in hotel until 2 results are negative. I flew DMK to PHS, full flight, masks 100% no eating or drinking allowed, easy time for cabin crew; had last minute formality at gate for every one to be mobile contact QR coded for PHS as they said there had been a spike there, a guy had to do mine as I claimed no data (Voda charges £6 to use my UK allowance), he logged me into free airport wifi but even older locals had difficulty, that said we boarded early and sat 30 minutes on taxi way, I think there are a lot of check systems in place but like me I did not have an address in Phitsanulok as I was driving onwards so it was not water tight!
That was one of my questions

On Thai Pass, you just inputted the 1st hotel you were staying at?
Not any more

I may keep some days open so wouldn't know where I am staying

mechime

After booking the hotel, and you have supplied them directly the info, you need them to send you the booking confirmation which has your name, P.P. and the required conditions listed to submit to the Thai pass, I had a couple of bookings and hence 2 registrations but as far as I know the hotel does not send to authority, so on deciding Citrus I used this for the pass. Extract from my hotel:-
Greeting from Citrus Suites Sukhumvit 6 Bangkok!
Thank you for your choosing to stay with us during the quarantine period on 21st-22nd November 2021
**Copy of passport is required for submitting the confirmation letter to secure block accommodation for staying Alternative state quarantine by 04th November 2021.
As per the Thai Government Regulations, we do require the following documents in order to process the reservation;
Document required:

1. Copy of Passport (within 7 days after your made reservation with Agoda)
2. Copy Flight Ticket details (at least 5 days before arrival)
3. Vaccinated Certificate (upon received email from hotel)

OZZYGUY

last minute formality at gate for every one to be mobile contact QR coded for PHS as they said there had been a spike there, a guy had to do mine as I claimed no data (Voda charges £6 to use my UK allowance), he logged me into free airport wifi but even older locals had difficulty,
Can you still get a sim in BKK at hotel or airport on arrival.

Rockitt

Rules changing again I believe. No PCR required and only a ATK test. No need to book one night stay at hotel.
Not sure of start date or fine details but soon to be confirmed.

MarcTwoSix

Rules changing again I believe. No PCR required and only a ATK test. No need to book one night stay at hotel.
Not sure of start date or fine details but soon to be confirmed.
That was thrown in air, may not come into anything

And I fear cases will rise and they would go back to Test & Go quickly

But would be great for us if it does happen before January 20th!

anmeno

With the new variant that is coming from South Africa I don't think you should have high hopes for that.

I see that EU is considering stopping air travel from South African countries. Norwegian government is warning Norwegians not to travel there because they may not be able to fly back home.

PeteGill

With the new variant that is coming from South Africa I don't think you should have high hopes for that.

I see that EU is considering stopping air travel from South African countries. Norwegian government is warning Norwegians not to travel there because they may not be able to fly back home.
The new variant is actually from Botswana, but yes everything is closing down again.
Hopefully not for too long.

mechime

Well my day 6-7 passed without a notification from Morchana, I used the test kit provided and got a negative but have no way of uploading this data; as a note the UK NHS test kits have a serial number and way of reporting on their web, but this one has only a Batch number on the foil envelope.
It is quite cool in the evenings and a light duvet is on the bed; we are in Chiang Rai and the lack of restaurants is disappointing; we might try the Singha park if theirs stays open at night.

MarcTwoSix

Well my day 6-7 passed without a notification from Morchana, I used the test kit provided and got a negative but have no way of uploading this data; as a note the UK NHS test kits have a serial number and way of reporting on their web, but this one has only a Batch number on the foil envelope.
It is quite cool in the evenings and a light duvet is on the bed; we are in Chiang Rai and the lack of restaurants is disappointing; we might try the Singha park if theirs stays open at night.
We are going to Phuket
Then my stepson and I are heading to Samui
Then I had a thought of shooting over to Koh Panghan for a couple days but it looks completely deserted

So may just stick to Phuket and Samui

Nomad

Just lodged my documents for Thailand Pass under Test and Go. All straight forward. Took less than 30 minutes, yet would have taken less than 10 minutes if I had jpg or png files. All of my documents were PDFs, and only the last step accepts this format. Essentially 5 pieces of information - flights, accommodation, passport, vaccines and insurance, with the last four requiring evidence via jpg or png files. At the very end you can provide other information via PDF, so I uploaded the insurance PDS at this final step.

I was expecting it to be linked to the testing process, but looks like I do that separately.

sidvicious

Just lodged my documents for Thailand Pass under Test and Go. All straight forward. Took less than 30 minutes, yet would have taken less than 10 minutes if I had jpg or png files. All of my documents were PDFs, and only the last step accepts this format. Essentially 5 pieces of information - flights, accommodation, passport, vaccines and insurance, with the last four requiring evidence via jpg or png files. At the very end you can provide other information via PDF, so I uploaded the insurance PDS at this final step.

I was expecting it to be linked to the testing process, but looks like I do that separately.
I thought PDF is like standard now a days but TIT 555
Loads of free converters from pdf online for next time if you stuck. My go to is ilovepdf.com.

Nomad

I thought PDF is like standard now a days but TIT 555
Loads of free converters from pdf online for next time if you stuck. My go to is ilovepdf.com.
Used Snip tool for passport, and a free converter for others. Not a fan of free converters for documents that have value on the black market, although with hundreds of hotel stays I am sure it is out there anyway!

Made the mistake of uploading my local vaccine certificate. There doesn't appear to be an ability to lodge more documents or change the submission, so I have now emailed them the international certificate which has the QR code on it.