Thailand Pass

mechime

I have used Thai insurance AXA and Tune Protect, but this time (rates have gone up Thb 3900 for 30days). I called my UK Insurance and asked for a certificate, I have multiple pages of policy and letters confirming my years cover, but none had dob or stamps or scanable code, so I phoned them again and they said 'You need a Thai pass yes' we will send you document in next 3 days, well same day I get an e-mail, no signiture but my name and dob no travel dates or passport all of which they had asked me, called them back and they insisted this was acceptable and had no problems reported. What have others experienced?

Nomad

I have an annual family policy with NIB in Australia. Accepted without questions both times. It has our names and ages, but not DOB, stamps or code. I think I uploaded the Product Disclosure Statement for the first Pass, but can't recall it being required on the second Pass.

MarcTwoSix

I have an annual family policy with NIB in Australia. Accepted without questions both times. It has our names and ages, but not DOB, stamps or code. I think I uploaded the Product Disclosure Statement for the first Pass, but can't recall it being required on the second Pass.
Ao and I have my Manulife travel insurance through my work
But I bought the FWD insurance that was on Thai Pass as well
Think it was 50cad for Ao and 65cad for me

If something happened would see if FWD is true to their word and pays for care upfront

If not, my personal travel insurance would but I'd likely have to submit it

Rockitt

I have used Thai insurance AXA and Tune Protect, but this time (rates have gone up Thb 3900 for 30days). I called my UK Insurance and asked for a certificate, I have multiple pages of policy and letters confirming my years cover, but none had dob or stamps or scanable code, so I phoned them again and they said 'You need a Thai pass yes' we will send you document in next 3 days, well same day I get an e-mail, no signiture but my name and dob no travel dates or passport all of which they had asked me, called them back and they insisted this was acceptable and had no problems reported. What have others experienced?
I rang my travel insurance company and explained that there policy main page didn’t mention Covid. I asked for a letter to prove my Covid cover and they sent me another one with Covid cover on it together with name, age, policy number etc. She told me they have sent out many of these letters to people travelling to Thailand, and 3 other countries. Hope it does the trick when I apply after 1st May.

MarcTwoSix

I rang my travel insurance company and explained that there policy main page didn’t mention Covid. I asked for a letter to prove my Covid cover and they sent me another one with Covid cover on it together with name, age, policy number etc. She told me they have sent out many of these letters to people travelling to Thailand, and 3 other countries. Hope it does the trick when I apply after 1st May.
FYI
It says you can apply for TP under the new regulations on April 29th if you want to do sooner

mechime

Thanks, whilst most sites seem to refer to AXA this one only gives Covid 19 cover, nothing else covered, but with this rider "Our plans have 14 days waiting period or the insured shall provide negative PCR test result within 72 hours prior to the policy effective date", THB650: FWD General Insurance Public Company Limited. As it appears you need to wait 14 days to get a cover note to apply for the Thai Pass, its a risk, I have sent them an e-mail asking about this but I will try with my UK annual as Nomad had succeeded.

mechime

As above, they replied to the affirmative, so I went ahead for Thb650= £14.97 and the certificate and policy arrived after on-line payment; it shows name, UK address, tel #, PP# and dates of arrival / departure, so hopefully it satisfies my application next 29th with my UK cover for all else as a back up.

MarcTwoSix

As above, they replied to the affirmative, so I went ahead for Thb650= £14.97 and the certificate and policy arrived after on-line payment; it shows name, UK address, tel #, PP# and dates of arrival / departure, so hopefully it satisfies my application next 29th with my UK cover for all else as a back up.

That is what I have
FWD, they say they cover upfront in their network

But I also have my personal travel insurance through work

mechime

Just completed my application, again all certs Not in pdf format. Had to give address in Thailand as my Agoda booking did not show as registered as it is not for Test and Go. Again dates and type of vaccination as well as copies of cert not pdf, also Insurance for USD10,000 ALSO not pdf.

MarcTwoSix

Just completed my application, again all certs Not in pdf format. Had to give address in Thailand as my Agoda booking did not show as registered as it is not for Test and Go. Again dates and type of vaccination as well as copies of cert not pdf, also Insurance for USD10,000 ALSO not pdf.
When I checked in in Vancouver for Air Canada
They asked me about my insurance
I told them I didn't print it out because it's part of/uploaded for the Thai Pass

But they honestly didn't even care, just told me to make sure I have the proper insurance

The guy at the gate confirmed they are so over checking documents 😀

Rockitt

Just applied for my Thai pass this morning. I uploaded jpegs of my documents from my photo library. All seemed to go well but we will find out soon hopefully. Fingers crossed.