Thailand tourist rules

bacwaan

MarcTwoSix;436817 said:
Repriation flights started this week I believe
they have been allowing up to 200 Thai Repatriates to return on flights from OS each day for several weeks now....as far as I know there has been no change in that status but I'd say that they will probably relax that soon and allow more in...

every now and again they find a group of illegal land border returnees or Burmese/Laos refugees and they are added into Q as well...

Bacon

Administrator
bacwaan;436798 said:
Rumour around here is that bars may open without music and dancing sometime in August..but thats probably wishful thinking from a few bar owners I know....
Pays to spread those rumors I think.

Before long they start reaching the authorities and they start questioning whether they're true or not and decide to play it safe and open 555. Not that far fetched a scenarios in systems where the right hand doesn't talk to the left.

MarcTwoSix

bacwaan;436798 said:
Rumour around here is that bars may open without music and dancing sometime in August..but thats probably wishful thinking from a few bar owners I know....
I saw your noodle pic on FB
So could you, me and Bacon rock up to that place now and have 3/4 beers each and hang out a bit?

Would be my preference over a bar in these times anyways

bacwaan

^ No..still no booze able to be served in restaurants...drinking is only meant to be at home....but can have a few friends over for a drink..up to 5 iirc...as long as everyone is back home by 10pm curfew...

do ron

Has anyone have any opinion on when the Tourist industry in Thailand will open up again without Quarantine ?

Is Christmas a bit optimistic ? Perhaps to people that have received Jabs .

Stillearly

Has anyone have any opinion on when the Tourist industry in Thailand will open up again without Quarantine ?

seen loads of different opinions on many forums , but until they actually announce something official , not worth booking , unless you are prepared for a 15 day quarantine ... I would be prepared to do a quarantine for a three month trip , but not for any shorter , plus there's loads of paperwork and pre flight tests to do ... earliest I'm hoping for is Jan 2022 ... hopefully will be able to travel closer to home before that , Turkey , Greek Islands maybe

MarcTwoSix

If you can go for more than 2 weeks, I don't see the quarantine as a hassle at all
7 days in a nice(or decent hotel) where you can now use the pool, etc....
I find that ideal

Again, only if you can go for at least 3 weeks

do ron

seen loads of different opinions on many forums , but until they actually announce something official , not worth booking , unless you are prepared for a 15 day quarantine ... I would be prepared to do a quarantine for a three month trip , but not for any shorter , plus there's loads of paperwork and pre flight tests to do ... earliest I'm hoping for is Jan 2022 ... hopefully will be able to travel closer to home before that , Turkey , Greek Islands maybe
Ya - its just the thought of 15 days in a hotel after that flight . I read " somewhere " that there was talk of reducing Quarantine to 1 week .

Europe is looking questionable with this 3rd wave . My parents have a place in the south of Spain I'm dying to get over to for a week .

Stillearly

Ya - its just the thought of 15 days in a hotel after that flight . I read " somewhere " that there was talk of reducing Quarantine to 1 week .

Europe is looking questionable with this 3rd wave . My parents have a place in the south of Spain I'm dying to get over to for a week .

do ron

If you can go for more than 2 weeks, I don't see the quarantine as a hassle at all
I find that ideal

I thought Quarantine was mandatory 2 weeks?

Stillearly

I find that ideal

how can you use the pool , currently you can only leave your room for tests in the first week , then for an hour a day exercise in the second week ... no regular tourist is going to go through quarantine for a three week holiday

MarcTwoSix

how can you use the pool , currently you can only leave your room for tests in the first week , then for an hour a day exercise in the second week ... no regular tourist is going to go through quarantine for a three week holiday
The ASQ on Facebook put up the new rules
I don't know if the FB link will work

But fitness room, pool and some other things starting Apr 1st

As for 3 week holiday
If it is cut down to 7 days, a lot of people take 2 week holidays
So if you can stretch it to 3 weeks, I'd happily chill by the pool for a week in a nice hotel, then 2 weeks outside

You are retired, some of us still work grueling long hours and could use a chill week 😀

Stillearly

The ASQ on Facebook put up the new rules
I don't know if the FB link will work

But fitness room, pool and some other things starting Apr 1st

As for 3 week holiday
If it is cut down to 7 days, a lot of people take 2 week holidays
So if you can stretch it to 3 weeks, I'd happily chill by the pool for a week in a nice hotel, then 2 weeks outside

You are retired, some of us still work grueling long hours and could use a chill week 😀
1st April.... say no more

Stillearly

NOTE! Pay attention that the 14-day quarantine actually lasts 15 nights / 16 days as the day of arrival and the day of departure are not included in the days of quarantine because you need to spend full 14 days. This regulation should stay the same even after the reduction of quarantine period meaning that the 10-day quarantine will actually last 11 nights / 12 days and the 7-day quarantine will last 8 nights / 9 days

MarcTwoSix

1st April.... say no more
ASQ is one of the official sites that you book quarantine hotels through
It's a serious site and FB site that gives all kind of updates/hotel rates on quarantine hotels

I doubt they would be posting an April Fool's joke

anmeno

It's a serious site and FB site that gives all kind of updates/hotel rates on quarantine hotels

I have seen some news about that but when I saw it they said that 10 days will be if you comes from a country with low spread of covid, so I guess North America and Europe will still have 16 days of quarantine.

Stillearly

look forward to reading your trip report :)

Stillearly

Day 7... Shagged the janitor... 55
the site also says "health" massages will also be allowed .... So you and the other people in quarantine can swim , sunbathe, exercise in the gym , eat in the restaurant and have massages ... doesn't really sound like quarantine, so what's the point of it ?