Thailand tourist rules

Quarky

Administrator
the site also says "health" massages will also be allowed .... So you and the other people in quarantine can swim , sunbathe, exercise in the gym , eat in the restaurant and have massages ... doesn't really sound like quarantine, so what's the point of it ?
Face?

anmeno

the site also says "health" massages will also be allowed .... So you and the other people in quarantine can swim , sunbathe, exercise in the gym , eat in the restaurant and have massages ... doesn't really sound like quarantine, so what's the point of it ?
Which site?

MarcTwoSix

look forward to reading your trip report :)
Me and my family hanging out in Maine or Cape Cod probably won't make for an interesting trip report 555

Will be US/Canada only in 2021, maybe Mexico

If Nut visits the US in December, than the earliest I'd go to Thailand is June/July of 2022, if that....

MarcTwoSix

The act of appearing to do something properly which is actually ridiculous? What else explains it?
I didn't know if you were saying "face" for the country or "face" for the people choosing to do it

I don't think it's face
All countries are in a tough position of allowing travel while balancing some semblance of safety

I don't think any country has gotten it 100% correct.
It's impossible to.....

Quarky

Administrator
I didn't know if you were saying "face" for the country or "face" for the people choosing to do it

I don't think it's face
All countries are in a tough position of allowing travel while balancing some semblance of safety

I don't think any country has gotten it 100% correct.
It's impossible to.....
UK certainly hasn't, it's all self administered here... but Australia and NZ seem to enforce it pretty well...

PeteGill

Yip, more of a balancing act than face. Tourists are reluctant to come under the very strict set of quarantine rules up to now. This will allow a little more freedom whilst still limiting their contact points.

Quarky

Administrator
Yip, more of a balancing act than face. Tourists are reluctant to come under the very strict set of quarantine rules up to now. This will allow a little more freedom whilst still limiting their contact points.
But mixing with other guests? May as well not be quarantined at all...

PeteGill

But mixing with other guests? May as well not be quarantined at all...
Not sure where it says anything about being able to mix with other guests on that list?

It still keeps the pool of potential contacts low. And should someone test positive they will know exactly who they have been in contact with whilst in quarantine. A step in the right direction if you ask me.

Quarky

Administrator
Not sure where it says anything about being able to mix with other guests on that list?

It still keeps the pool of potential contacts low. And should someone test positive they will know exactly who they have been in contact with whilst in quarantine. A step in the right direction if you ask me.
What would you call using the gym, swimming in the pool and having massages is? Everything you can't do here in a lockdown.. but can in quarantine.. 55

MarcTwoSix

UK certainly hasn't, it's all self administered here... but Australia and NZ seem to enforce it pretty well...
But they aren't allowing anyone in.

That's not the same as trying to balance allowing people in and safety precautions

MarcTwoSix

What would you call using the gym, swimming in the pool and having massages is? Everything you can't do here in a lockdown.. but can in quarantine.. 55
But all would have had negative tests 72hrs prior to departure

So they are trying, again, to balance allowing people in, making quarantine more palatable to people while mitigating the risks

So, as I said, it's not perfect but it's not an easy endeavor

MarcTwoSix

The gym in my apartment building has been open for months, maybe 4 or 5 months
With very limited capacity with reservations
Hasn't been one reported covid case

It's all a balancing act

Stillearly

The gym in my apartment building has been open for months, maybe 4 or 5 months
With very limited capacity with reservations
Hasn't been one reported covid case

It's all a balancing act
getting lots of people into a hotel , from different countries , then allowing them to all use the same facilities ...to make quarantine more like a holiday , isn't a balancing act ..it's just stupid

MarcTwoSix

getting lots of people into a hotel , from different countries , then allowing them to all use the same facilities ...to make quarantine more like a holiday , isn't a balancing act ..it's just stupid
My point is my gym apartment has been open and people working out who have not had covid tests in the last 3 days
Zero reported covid cases in 5 months or so

If limited reservations and cleaned properly between time slots
With people all having been tested

I'd be comfortable using the gym....

By the way, how busy are resort gyms in normal times?
Not very, so its not like it will be during these times