Thailand tourist rules

Stillearly

My point is my gym apartment has been open and people working out who have not had covid tests in the last 3 days
Zero reported covid cases in 5 months or so

If limited reservations and cleaned properly between time slots
With people all having been tested

I'd be comfortable using the gym....

By the way, how busy are resort gyms in normal times?
Not very, so its not like it will be during these times
1) Gyms here have been closed , even private ones in apartment complexes... even now we can't use changing facilities or equipment that would make you out of breath ...

2) in normal times not very , but if you can't go out , can't drink , then I would guess almost everyone would want to use it ...

MarcTwoSix

1) Well maybe you are doing it wrong there....
Given a lot of places have gyms open with no issues

2) You may be right on this, I was thinking the same thing after I wrote that

Hey a lot of people wish they started working out a week earlier before their holiday
So there is the extra week 5555
So might be busy!

Stillearly

1) Well maybe you are doing it wrong there....
Given a lot of places have gyms open with no issues
we are down to just 3 cases per 100,000 , but before the last lockdown our numbers were extremely high over 1 out of 100 ... so they probably are being too careful, but things are slowly getting back to normal and the vaccination program is looking good ...so dont want it fcuked up again , some places are now going into a 3rd lockdown

MarcTwoSix

we are down to just 3 cases per 100,000 , but before the last lockdown our numbers were extremely high over 1 out of 100 ... so they probably are being too careful, but things are slowly getting back to normal and the vaccination program is looking good ...so dont want it fcuked up again , some places are now going into a 3rd lockdown
Ontario is really bad, worse it's ever been

My point is not one of totally suppressing it but mitigating it
And I think Thailand does a pretty good job of isolating cases when they come

So they are trying the best balancing act

Quite frankly, I don't think they should have included the gym access
I think some limted pool access and some limited outdoor access on the resorts grounds would do the trick to attract more people
So the gym is an unnecessary risk, even when saying I'd be comfortable using it

PeteGill

What would you call using the gym, swimming in the pool and having massages is? Everything you can't do here in a lockdown.. but can in quarantine.. 55
No I call people who don't understand that you can use those facilities under strict conditions as stupid 5555

Our gyms are open, but the rules with regards to usage are strict. numbers reduced, social distancing adhered to, masks warn, all equipment cleaned both before and after use. You are probably safer in the gym than in the local supermarket.
Same should go with the pool. area. As for the massage, I should imagine that safety measures will be put in place and all staff and guests closely monitored.

MarcTwoSix

No I call people who don't understand that you can use those facilities under strict conditions as stupid 5555

Our gyms are open, but the rules with regards to usage are strict. numbers reduced, social distancing adhered to, masks warn, all equipment cleaned both before and after use. You are probably safer in the gym than in the local supermarket.
Same should go with the pool. area. As for the massage, I should imagine that safety measures will be put in place and all staff and guests closely monitored.
I went to chiropractor and massage when my neck was screwed up
For about a month
Probably 8 chiropractor visits and 4 massages

And I agree with you, that these things can be done safely
Or with mitigated risk.....

Quarky

Administrator
Ontario is really bad, worse it's ever been

My point is not one of totally suppressing it but mitigating it
And I think Thailand does a pretty good job of isolating cases when they come

So they are trying the best balancing act

Quite frankly, I don't think they should have included the gym access
I think some limted pool access and some limited outdoor access on the resorts grounds would do the trick to attract more people
So the gym is an unnecessary risk, even when saying I'd be comfortable using it
And Ontario gyms are closed according to my mate in Ontario who can't use the gym in his apartment block.

I somehow wouldn't trust Thai hotel gyms to be pristine... call me racist cause I am! 😄

MarcTwoSix

And Ontario gyms are closed according to my mate in Ontario who can't use the gym in his apartment block.

I somehow wouldn't trust Thai hotel gyms to be pristine... call me racist cause I am! 😄
I wouldn't call you a racist, no matter how much you would love to be called one

I'd advise you to stay in better hotels 555

OZZYGUY

I don't have a issue with the quarantine 7 days, 16 whatever.

Thing that bothers me more is the quarantine coming home. If I need to get home in a hurry its a problem.

PeteGill

That's why you clean your own equipment both before and after use in these times. Even in 'pristine' gyms.
But then again as a frequent gym user, you should know that 5555

Rockitt

My friend arrived in Thailand on Saturday and started his quarantine period in the Amber hotel, Pattaya. He managed to escape before next Monday’s travel ban from the U.K. until July.
One of the exemptions for travel is for marriage, so for anyone who is that desperate to get back, you can start planning lol.

Stillearly

My friend arrived in Thailand on Saturday and started his quarantine period in the Amber hotel, Pattaya. He managed to escape before next Monday’s travel ban from the U.K. until July.
One of the exemptions for travel is for marriage, so for anyone who is that desperate to get back, you can start planning lol.
only thought Thai Nationals could quarantine in Patts , great idea , saves the cost of a taxi there afterwards 55 ;)

Rockitt

only thought Thai Nationals could quarantine in Patts , great idea , saves the cost of a taxi there afterwards 55 ;)
He holds a retirement visa so whether that’s makes a difference I’m not sure.
I would think being locked up for 10/14 days in Pattaya would be difficult, especially knowing what’s going on outside. I’m sure he’ll make up for it though.

Nomad

Is the 10 baht tour on the approved list of tours?

"If the test result proves negative, they are allowed to travel to certain certified premises around Koh Samui, authorized by Koh Samui’s Department of Disease Control. This will likely be in a “tour guide/group” style but will offer significantly more freedom than the current quarantine program while getting to see local tourist attractions and locations."