Thailand travel restrictions for INBOUND passengers

kaptainrob

Administrator
justcruzing1;430046 said:
I would think the best way to get Thais to isolate would be a decree/request from the King.
It's coming tomorrow, a state of emergency with sweeping powers, just what's needed as Thais would ignore self isolation. Army and police roadblocks, night curfew ... That alone would save lives.

justcruzing1

kaptainrob;430056 said:
It's coming tomorrow, a state of emergency with sweeping powers, just what's needed as Thais would ignore self isolation. Army and police roadblocks, night curfew ... That alone would save lives.
I'm glad to hear my thoughts are being responded to, well done Rob 5555555

kaptainrob

Administrator
justcruzing1;430059 said:
I'm glad to hear my thoughts are being responded to, well done Rob 5555555
No thanks needed JC, I was happy to pass on your ideas to our PM. 55

Loads of fake news on Thai social media and some mainstream also. IMO the lockdown will be similar to other countries - 1 month and stay at home except for justifiable travel. I foresee 1 month extended to 2 ...

justcruzing1

Rob I would think the decree needs to come from the King.

Half of Thai's don't like or respect the Gov. but anything the Royals say is life to all Thai's.

Chob

justcruzing1;430062 said:

Half of Thai's don't like or respect the Gov. but anything the Royals say is life to all Thai's.
Ive been saying this about a "Do The Right Thing" litter program since I arrived.

But Royal Announcements/Requests like that are very rare.

MarcTwoSix

Ao went and picked up Nut
They went to Lotus and stocked up and now all hunkered down

She may live on the most quiet, wide street in all of Bangkok!
It really is a sort of secluded area
So they aren't on top of people...

Relaxed more that Nut is home and they are stocked up

Stillearly

Foreigners will be banned from entering the country under the emergency decree being invoked to combat at the coronavirus pandemic.
The emergency decree comes into effect at midnight on Wednesday, and remains in force through April 30.
The decree bans all foreigners from entry at all entry points - the exceptions being shippers, diplomats, drivers, pilots and others permitted by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1886270/emergency-decree-bans-entry-to-foreigners

Ian Forbes

Stillearly;430314 said:
Foreigners will be banned from entering the country under the emergency decree being invoked to combat at the coronavirus pandemic.
The emergency decree comes into effect at midnight on Wednesday, and remains in force through April 30.
The decree bans all foreigners from entry at all entry points - the exceptions being shippers, diplomats, drivers, pilots and others permitted by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1886270/emergency-decree-bans-entry-to-foreigners

Tough luck if you've already paid for a non-refundable ticket. I wonder What Thailand is going to do when NO tourists and foreign business owners return to the country in the next year or more? This virus is not going to suddenly disappear any time soon.

MarcTwoSix

Ian Forbes;430342 said:
Tough luck if you've already paid for a non-refundable ticket. I wonder What Thailand is going to do when NO tourists and foreign business owners return to the country in the next year or more? This virus is not going to suddenly disappear any time soon.

Your country is doing the same thing
So is most other countries

Stillearly

Ian Forbes;430342 said:
if the airline can't provide the service you have paid for , then you should be able to get a refund , either with the airline or your credit card company

Buksida

justcruzing1;430062 said:

I think your information may be a couple of years out of date.

kaptainrob

Administrator
if the airline can't provide the service you have paid for , then you should be able to get a refund , either with the airline or your credit card company
Nice in principle although very few airlines are refunding. Thai Airways for example, bankrupt (and may not fly again) are still taking bookings but not refunding when scheduled resumption of flights get pushed back .... now to September, maybe October ....

Stillearly

Nice in principle although very few airlines are refunding. Thai Airways for example, bankrupt (and may not fly again) are still taking bookings but not refunding when scheduled resumption of flights get pushed back .... now to September, maybe October ....
Bangkok Air gave me a refund , I had to go the credit card dispute to get my money back from Qatar , but both were sorted relatively quickly

kaptainrob

Administrator
Bangkok Air gave me a refund , I had to go the credit card dispute to get my money back from Qatar , but both were sorted relatively quickly
That's good SE. Many pax not so lucky in SEA, Aus/NZ. Credits offered by some of the majors (airnz) that ppl can't use in foreseeable future and a shitfight to get sorted anyway.
Whilst I can understand airline financial difficulties (massive), a clear cut refund or credit system ought to be standard. TG is so far behind the 8 ball with their stance only hrh can afford to book flights ....