The Old German Beer house on Suk 11

kaptainrob

Administrator
The Old German Beer House on Suk 11 underwent a complete renovation in 2018/19 during which they operated from Suk 13 - in the Trendy building, and it's still there.

Both properties are owned by Monica, daughter of the German founder and his Thai wife. Suk 11 is vast and well laid out with a bird-watching bar out front of the semi-open dining section which is spacious and comfortably furnished. For a quieter meal in air-con comfort there's a large rear section. TV screens showing sports channels are well positioned though not intrusive. Service is excellent.

Food is predominantly German, with some Thai dishes, and I highly recommend the roast pork knuckle - one can easily feed two persons! Lighter fare, incl burgers, schnitzels, pasta and salads is also available. Menu HERE.

A wide selection of draft beer is realistically priced and the imported Euro styles are well worth the extra.

The OGBH is one of my favourite spots for a good feed of farang-food washed down with a cold Paulaner, or 2.

>>> I'd recommend staying at the Eleven Hotel, set back from the noisy Suk 11, and almost directly above OGBH. Eleven is brand new. Of course there are many other choices all along Suk 11 though some can be very noisy.

Chob

Not far further down in Havana Social , a sort of secret bar that mimics the back streets of Havana in decor.
"Secret" entrance via a phone booth.
The have a huge collection of Carribean rum , and its frequented by girls who love to dance !

kaptainrob

Administrator
Not far further down in Havana Social , a sort of secret bar that mimics the back streets of Havana in decor.
"Secret" entrance via a phone booth.
The have a huge collection of Carribean rum , and its frequented by girls who love to dance !
Difficult to find the location but once in the cul-de-sac off 11 the phone booth entrance is easy to locate. A rum connoisseurs watering hole! :giggle:

Mere metres away on the opposite side of Suk 11 [on the dog leg) is the Fraser Suites tower with Above 11 tapas bar and restaurant ... a fabulous view can be enjoyed whilst savouring Peruvian Japanese fusion tapas with your fav drink ... incl. Asahi on tap!