The Thaiger - an excellent news site

kaptainrob

Administrator

I now turn to Thaiger for local and National news in Thailand as most other English language sites are severely lacking and/or clogged with advertising.

The ThaigerTalk Forum may be accessed via a link at the bottom of each article, just above the comments section. I joined up to help populate and post articles but as with most Forums, it's pretty slow at the moment.

Hopefully TT won't go the way of Thai Visa, now in severe decline, with its over-the-top advertising.

Oh AND .... any Visa, Covid Insurance or travel advice via The Thaiger is very good, I tested it for a mate recently.

bacwaan

I watch their evening news bulletin every day now..it has certatinly improved greatly over the past year and is my go to place for dissemimanetd "thai for farang" covid news...I note that they have started up a more conversational styled "good morning thailand" service...which I have only watched fleetingly as yet

Their "ask the thais" series is kinda fun sometimes when they have a fairly candid group of Thais on...its a bit amateurish but its interesting to hear these young thais views on Farang issues...

Their content is starting to evolve into a more mature "at home" service now with a few Thais and Leuk Kreung presenters and personalities starting to contribute

Last edited:

Cippy

Been my go to new for Thailand for years now. Used to be called something else didn't they? Anyway, I even stopped reading Khaosod English.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Been my go to new for Thailand for years now. Used to be called something else didn't they? Anyway, I even stopped reading Khaosod English.
Yes been around a while, Singapore media co, with Thailand site much improved recently. I stopped reading most other English sites a long time back, Farcebook news sites, especially the Chiang Mai one, provide up to the minute news, not last weeks!

bacwaan

For me it was very Phuket-Centric and a tad amateurish at first but has grown and developed its coverage to include a more Thailand wide outlook...over the past year or so it has started to do that pretty well imo..particularly its covid related reporting....and it has certainly benefited from the addition of new staff so Tim isn't spread so thin, plus new premises and a more professional cameras/broadcasting focus provided by an obvious recent injection of funds...

I find myself trusting it more and not fact (or fiction) checking its content against The Nation or BKK Post so much now