Top 45 Hotels in Asia

OZZYGUY

Bali is almost 50% of them.

This would be a good job checking them all out and staying a week at each.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Bali is almost 50% of them.
~
The majority of Balinese resorts, except those in Ubud, are seaside properties and IMHO leave a lot to be desired. One may as well stay at home [in Oz] and book into your city's best hotel ... save the airfare :) or visit a Gold Coast resort and support your country.

Ubud resorts are indeed unique and special... worthy of mention!

MarcTwoSix

The majority of Balinese resorts, except those in Ubud, are seaside properties and IMHO leave a lot to be desired. One may as well stay at home [in Oz] and book into your city's best hotel ... save the airfare :) or visit a Gold Coast resort and support your country.

W Hotels in the US are really the 1st major boutique hotel and they really did spawn the boutique hotel industry

We stayed at the W in Seminyak (which I loved the area) and we might as well stayed in Hong Kong Airport
It was as big, busy and charmless

I saw a Four Seasons Hoi An on there that will be on my list.....

Bacon

Administrator

Agreed. The east and north coast resorts are magnificent, but there's little else to do. Ubud is good for 3-4 days to relax and visit the rice terraces and cultural center.

Never thought I'd miss Bali. Lazy nights on Double Six beach with a beer and pizza. Beats any resort for me.

1609521855163.png

Moo Uaon

For me Golden Beach,Paros beckons again.
Scooter and air BnB for a week or 2 would be excellent...!!

1609564388066.jpeg