Tourist Visa for TGF to Australia

OZZYGUY

Distantpeak;136981 said:
Now the important question Ozzyguy... having read your TR... which one of the dozen girls are you bringing back? ...555

5555 mate I just never got around to finish that report Phuket was a total train wreck but BBK and CM I was a good boy. Had a great second part and ended riding Mai Hong son loop.

Oh and it wasnt a dozen 555.

justcruzing1

OZZYGUY;136987 said:
Chiang mai works well as I arrive late on the 12 April.

TG wont be with me in CM but if I get her to post all her Doc's to a friend of mine in CM and take my doc,s with me I will summit all in CM on the 13th.

Dont seam that hard.
WRONG!
You can lodge them but you cant pick them up. She has to or they have to be couriered to her address.
Don't forget she has to sign the original application too. No email or photo copy.

P

PatongBeachBoy

Rivo;136975 said:
^^How can he save $300 Aud when the whole visa charge is around 5000 baht?
It was for his wifes son which is around 3kAUD atm....

P

PatongBeachBoy

Rivo;137169 said:
Thats not for a Tourist Visa though PBB is it ?
No it was a migration visa... the saving on a TV would be around $7AUD... 555

Rivo

PatongBeachBoy;137176 said:
No it was a migration visa... the saving on a TV would be around $7AUD... 555

I better not let my mate know, hell be devistated, he is very keenauw 555

justcruzing1

Yes mid last year, Cilla reported it when doing his last app. for A
There is nothing different on the form but the new number, God knows why they changed it. All information is the same.

Oldmanemu

Obtaining an Australian Tourist Visa for my Thai lady was relatively simple. The first visa we applied for was for her and her two children 13 and 10 years old. Her "friends" in the village told her she would not get a visa for her and the kids. Guess what? 10 days after lodging the application she was the very happy owner of a "Visa Grant Notice" from the Australian embassy for the three of them.

This application was a little bit tricky as she has had no contact with her husband and we had to get his permission to take the kids out of the country. No problems, she went to the local Ampur Office in Chiang Mai and obtained a "Por Kor 14" which essentially means she had two friends swear that she has not had any contact or support from her husband for the last 8 years and bingo!, we were in business. That was September 2013 and they stayed in Perth for a month, although she could have stayed for 3 months.

2nd visa was granted just a few days ago. Again told them that she was staying for a month and she got a three month visa. Again her "Friends" told her she would not get a visa because she had lost her job (as a secretary in Chiang Mai). I told her that we just need to simply tell the truth on the application and every thing would be ok. This time the kids weren't coming with her so it was a slightly easier process.

With the advice I read on this thread and reading the requirements from the Immigration website it has all been smooth sailing so far.

My best advice is don't waste your hard earned money on agents. My girl was quoted 8000 baht each for her and the kids to have someone local in Chiang Mai "help" with the visa application.

I meet her in Kuala Lumpur on the 6th April, fly the next day to Sydney to meet my family and then head to Perth for three week together and I 'm counting down the days.

Has anyone had experience with Spouse/Fiance visa where the husband of the kids was not reachable? Did the Australian Embassy accept a "Por Kor 14" for that application? Any assistance would be appreciated

D

Dazza

My friends wife has a child to a Thai husband who refused to sign the relevant papers without being ummm...remunerated, he's never looked after his daughter for about 10 yrs (she was 11 at the time) Long story short, the child could not go to Australia, stayed in Thailand with the grandma for 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OZZYGUY

Oldmanemu;138460 said:
Obtaining an Australian Tourist Visa for my Thai lady was relatively simple. The first visa we applied for was for her and her two children 13 and 10 years old. Her "friends" in the village told her she would not get a visa for her and the kids. Guess what? 10 days after lodging the application she was the very happy owner of a "Visa Grant Notice" from the Australian embassy for the three of them.

This application was a little bit tricky as she has had no contact with her husband and we had to get his permission to take the kids out of the country. No problems, she went to the local Ampur Office in Chiang Mai and obtained a "Por Kor 14" which essentially means she had two friends swear that she has not had any contact or support from her husband for the last 8 years and bingo!, we were in business. That was September 2013 and they stayed in Perth for a month, although she could have stayed for 3 months.

2nd visa was granted just a few days ago. Again told them that she was staying for a month and she got a three month visa. Again her "Friends" told her she would not get a visa because she had lost her job (as a secretary in Chiang Mai). I told her that we just need to simply tell the truth on the application and every thing would be ok. This time the kids weren't coming with her so it was a slightly easier process.

With the advice I read on this thread and reading the requirements from the Immigration website it has all been smooth sailing so far.

My best advice is don't waste your hard earned money on agents. My girl was quoted 8000 baht each for her and the kids to have someone local in Chiang Mai "help" with the visa application.

I meet her in Kuala Lumpur on the 6th April, fly the next day to Sydney to meet my family and then head to Perth for three week together and I 'm counting down the days.

Has anyone had experience with Spouse/Fiance visa where the husband of the kids was not reachable? Did the Australian Embassy accept a "Por Kor 14" for that application? Any assistance would be appreciated
That's great news mate.

It's amazing how many of us are in Perth 555

I have finished all my documents and a friend in Phuket is helping Nicky with hers.
I will meet her in bkk on the 12th April at the airport and she will join me on my connecting fly to CM where we will lodge the application. Hopefully Nicky will fly back to Perth on the 26th April with me. If things work well for us the next trip will be with her son so good to read your post. Thanks.

C

Cilla

Oldmanemu;138460 said:
In the middle of this as we speak. '

If the Father cannot be contacted then you need to get a court order giving your missus sole custody, there are some other options with this tho.
This is straight from a Visa Agent, "A Por Kor 14 does not remove the rights of the Father, a Por Kor 14 only gives custody to the mother not the right to remove the child from the country". He also said that the Australian Embassy in BKK are asking for a Por Kor 14 AND a Form 1229 from the Father. It has to do with the Convention of the rights of the Child, remember the 4 kids in Oz when their Mother removed them from their Father in Italy, the kids were sent back to their Father.

PM me if you want some more info as there are other factors and info you can supply if the Father has disappeared

Had a head ache from trying to sort out the real info from crap you can find on the net and the Immi site does say this as well

&&&

OZZYGUY

Actually will the office be open in Chiang Mai 13tg or 14th or will they be closed because of Songkran???

Rivo

OZZYGUY;138471 said:
I will meet her in bkk on the 12th April at the airport and she will join me on my connecting fly to CM where we will lodge the application. Hopefully Nicky will fly back to Perth on the 26th April with me. If things work well for us the next trip will be with her son so good to read your post. Thanks.

With the Publc holidays that will only give you 6 working days for turn around, not enough time IMO

justcruzing1

^^ Like I said, do it before you go.
Download the forms, fill it out, get your docs witnessed etc, have GF get her docs (can take some time)
Put it all in an Aust. Post international bag ($20) and send it to her with tags showing her where to sign. She adds her docs, passport and ID card then sends it to Bkk by Thai courier with a return addressed courier bag, if she isn't in range of going herself.
This way you can have it done before you leave and can relax on the holiday, not running around and worrying about if you will get it in time or not.
Also allows you to book her tickets in advance, not almost on the day when it would be dearer.

Nomad

Cilla;138489 said:
This is straight from a Visa Agent, "A Por Kor 14 does not remove the rights of the Father, a Por Kor 14 only gives custody to the mother not the right to remove the child from the country". He also said that the Australian Embassy in BKK are asking for a Por Kor 14 AND a Form 1229 from the Father.

The Por Kor 14 was sufficient and without question in October 2013 for us, yet it was a tourist visa. However, I would have thought the same rules would apply.

C

Cilla

Nomad;140518 said:
The Por Kor 14 was sufficient and without question in October 2013 for us, yet it was a tourist visa. However, I would have thought the same rules would apply.
Email from Visa Agent to me,

"My argument would be that where the migrating parent has a Por Kor 14 or in the case where they were previously married and the divorce memorandum gives them sole custody then the condition has been satisfied.

However from experience I can tell you that the Australian Embassy Bangkok are demanding nonetheless a completed and signed Form 1229 from the non-migrating parent.

I have recently taken the issue up with the Australian Embassy Bangkok and have requested a written response on this issue."

This is the position of the Australian Embassy Bangkok with regards to the Form 1229 and the Por Kor 14:

"Please note even though you hold a certificate of exercising parental power (por kor 14), the right to visit or access to child of the biological father still remains regardless of his participation in the child's upbringing. If the child is to be removed from the current country of residence to Australia, biological father must acknowledge that his right to visit or access to child may be taken away and that he has no objection to it.
Thank you for your email.

So the father need to sign 1229 or a written statement consenting to migrate permanently to Australia.

Nomad

Thanks for the heads-up Cilla....good to know.

I think Fionn was having some issues when doing his application and arguing that Por Kor 14 should be sufficient...not sure if the issues were resolved. Unfortunately, he appears to have deleted a lot of stuff on here.

Not sure if the email he had on here works, but may be worth emailing him on it.

Are you finding much benefit in using a migration agent?