Traveling a bit further with Ted

Another wee look into the life of Ted and that’s all it is because I have a wide and varied life, at least I think so, but I digress already.
This little expose relates to the current house building exercise my wife are I undertaking, feel free to ask questions, you may not get an answer but hey, you get that.
The project started over a year ago with the purchase and clearing of the block of land which just happens to be four houses away from the in-laws home, that’s got to be lucky ! Consider this as the first installment and I shall get back to the story, eventually.

Its been a little over a year since the initial work was started on the project with the demolition of an existing structure and raising the land above street level.

The block is around 900 square meters and we paid 150000 baht for it. The existing structure was pretty much useless so it had to come down, took all of two days using local labor and sledge hammers. Cost 7000 baht, some of the materials were used by the FIL for an extension to his house.

The fill was another 20000 baht delivered and spread, approximately 400 cubic meters.

I was back in the Village last November and topped up the house pad with another 70 cubic meters of dirt and had that spread.
Come March 2016 and the fill has settled enough so we decided it was time to build.
The neighbor is the local building contractor, seems like a good enough bloke and I have gotten to know him over a few years anyway he has built a couple of other houses in the area and his finished products look the part so after few short meetings and hastily drawn concept plans he was awarded the contract.
Not quite sure what I am getting for 900000 baht but am assured the house will be ready to move into on completion.

kaptainrob

Administrator
The old structure looked alright Ted ... lick of paint needed but ... 555

Looks quite green around the back, nice block!

kaptainrob

Administrator

kaptainrob;281020 said:

555 Could have used the old joint for water storage, built below street level.

Week one and the crew are into it. I have built my share of houses, sheds and wot-not but Thai style building leaves me scratching my head.
I honestly don't want to be too involved in the build because this is not how I would go about things. I plan on going with the flow and seeing what comes up, sure all will be OK in the end.

End of day two

Moo Uaon

^ yeah gotta let em go and hope for the best 55

when it came to matters of general layout and colurs and carport etc I had my say. Good job in the end.

PeteGill

You have seen his previous work, so there must be a level of trust there. sit back and enjoy the ride...

Distantpeak;281135 said:
Does this mean 2 babies expected Ted? ...55

Not at the moment DP,check the rest of the spelling on the "Plan" as I said hastily drawn.

Sydney

I was going to comment on the kitcain .... thought it might have being some new fancy European designed Kitchen

And you should have plenty of room in that room

A few more snaps of the progress including the ceremony for the blessing. The photos are in the wrong order, should be 3,2,4,1 being the site foreman at full capacity in her managerial role 555

kaptainrob

Administrator
At the rate they're going you'll be in by end of May! Must have plenty of labour, not unusual in rural areas, everyone pitching in for an earn.

Day eight and the roof turns up, Fon picked the colour, oh well I will just have to work around it.