Traveling a bit further with Ted

Day five already, my the time gets away.
Had a good trip over with Thai, airport transfer was painless and was asleep in my Hotel bed in no time. That was Friday done, no way was I going into town I was just to fucked. Back to BKK around to change some cash, SuperRich @ 26.4 tbh to the $ Aus, picked up the car from Hertz and away we go. Traffic was a bit stop start for awhile because of roadworks on the 9 heading north but fine after that. Crazy Thai drivers as usual but no dramas and home by 15.30.

Quiet night and bright and early Sunday. Wife, Bub and I hit DoHome Korat to do a little shopping, love this place, lucky to pick a fella with fair English so hunting for supplies was a breeze. Air conditioner, Samsung 12 btu inverter 21.500 baht with a microwave thrown in, installation included, a couple of pedestal fans 870 each a new Drill and bits 1070 baht. I went with an electric hammer drill. Various fasteners and bits and bobs, curtain rods @ 375 baht each all up we spent about two hours looking and buying shit and 26.500 baht. Delivery and installation arranged for the following day at 10.00. A quick stop at Macro and home for a cold beer. A good day really.

The Air Con team fronted up on time and brought the rest of the purchases with them, I have never owned a microwave before, quite novel.
We had the electrical work sorted during the house build, 15 Amp circuit breakers, so the installation went without a hitch and done in less than an hour. It works very well and by closing the the connecting doors to the living area it has enough power to cool the bedroom and that area as well. Bliss.

After lunch I threw up the curtains and a whiskey in hand by 16.00, another good day.

All in all a quiet week. Will load up the car shortly, we are of to Buriram for the WSBK races. Bub is especially excited, three days of noise and heat will test her but if she wants to throw in the towel its only 100 km up the road if I have to bring her home.

kaptainrob

Administrator
Ted, just a note re the Samsung a/c. Ensure the lint filter is brushed/vacuumed/washed clean each month during hot season use to ensure top efficiency. Also have the inside cleaned by an a/c pro (approx 400 bt) each year just before hot season use.

Sydney

1080;319835 said:
The Air Con team fronted up on time and brought the rest of the purchases with them, I have never owned a microwave before, quite novel.
We had the electrical work sorted during the house build, 15 Amp circuit breakers, so the installation went without a hitch and done in less than an hour. It works very well and by closing the the connecting doors to the living area it has enough power to cool the bedroom and that area as well. Bliss.

After lunch I threw up the curtains and a whiskey in hand by 16.00, another good day.
Yeah yeah yeah on the air con ... but did she like the curtains ? .. 55

Ok, back from the Superbikes, shit it was hot nothing new there but it was a good weekend away. Bub loved the show and only spat the dummy once, right before the final race on the Sunday. She was ok once the bikes gridded up but the waiting got to her, I thought we would have to head back to the hotel to watch the race for a little while there.
Anyway that's that for another year. I didn't know Stew was going sorry I missed him but did meet up with a few characters from CM way.

Fon loves the curtains as does Spy, as I was putting them up in the kids room Spy informed her mother that " papa make my room suay ". So the consensus is a positive all round and I saved around 10K baht on the two rooms done so far and have curtain rods to complete the other three windows/door and a new Hitachi drill. Will be in Korat Wednesday looking for ready to hangs although I think a timber blind might be the go for the kitchen.

Moo Uaon

My little bloke started school at 2 1/2.
He's always liked it. Initially it was the 20min bus trip that got him in 55