Traveling with wife/Mexico pics

MarcTwoSix

As most know, I went to Mexico with Ao
I then realized that this was our 1st real holiday outside of Asia and US/Canada

Few observations.....

The biggest observation was Ao was more demonstrative on this trip.
In the US/Canada she can still be a bit intimidated.
In Asia she always seems to be on the defensive, waiting for someone to be an asshole

But in Mexico, she was much more willing to ask for things on her own, order things, etc....

She felt it was much hotter in Mexico than Thailand

She just isn't the traveller that I am. She enjoyed herself but she always wants to be home. She likes her stuff and her house. (Canada and Thailand)

I know OG and KR have traveled with their wives before outside of Asia.....

MarcTwoSix

If you notice the huge amounts of seaweed in the last 2 pics

It's a huge problem in Mexico the last 5 years or so

We only had it in Tulum, not Holbox or Cancun

And honestly, although it doesn't look great, the smell wasn't bad so it didn't really bother us even with a room right on the beach

OZZYGUY

Hows the food?

Wife would love to go to Mexico, her younger sister lives in Mexico and loves it.

MarcTwoSix

Hows the food?

Wife would love to go to Mexico, her younger sister lives in Mexico and loves it.
Food is amazing

Tulum and Holbox are sort of "foodie " destinations so there are so many different great places to eat

Ao was really just craving Thai food around day 8
We ate Thai once and she didn't feel the need to again on rest of the trip

Rockitt

I’ve had some really nice holidays in Mexico. It’s one of my favourite destinations. Great food and drinks everywhere and I found the locals friendly.
I agree, the seaweed on some of the beaches at certain times of the year can be off putting but the hotel staff cleared it away from our hotel front when it built up.

MarcTwoSix

I’ve had some really nice holidays in Mexico. It’s one of my favourite destinations. Great food and drinks everywhere and I found the locals friendly.
I agree, the seaweed on some of the beaches at certain times of the year can be off putting but the hotel staff cleared it away from our hotel front when it built up.
On Holbox Island
We walk on the beach to and from our resort every night for dinner
Coming back a lot of times we would be alone but it's 100% safe

Ao remarked she wouldn't do the same in Thailand

OZZYGUY

Food is amazing

Tulum and Holbox are sort of "foodie " destinations so there are so many different great places to eat

Ao was really just craving Thai food around day 8
We ate Thai once and she didn't feel the need to again on rest of the trip
I don't really like Mexican food, when I was in America a few years back with Chris he always wanted Mexican.

Looking forward to retirement and when we can travel again.

MarcTwoSix

I don't really like Mexican food, when I was in America a few years back with Chris he always wanted Mexican.

Looking forward to retirement and when we can travel again.
That is American Tex-Mex, which I like

But authentic Mexican food can be really diverse

The higher end Mexican food is where I find it amazing

The lower food can be a lot of fried food

Although I love authentic tacos

Here is a bit higher end Mexican food from one of my favorite restaurants in Tulum

Shrimp
And stuffed jalapeños 20210724_194120.jpg

Rockitt

Can’t beat a nice fresh fish taco with limes washed down with and ice cold beer and a tequila sitting at one of the many small beach bars on that coast.
Like Ozzy said, can’t wait to travel again!