Trip ideas in August

peteman

Hi all, I’m planning out a trip in mid August with a mate who is on a bit of a schedule and wants to do some mongering. We fly into bangers and are heading down to Pattaya for a couple of nights then thinking of heading back to bangers and flying out to one of the islands. We’re tossing up between Samui, Koh Tao or Koh Lanta. Has anyone been to any of these lately and give us some recommendations? Or even nightlife in general? I was in Patong over NYE just gone but definitely don’t want to go back there again.

Quarky

Administrator
Avoid Koh Tao at all costs unless you want to feature on the next episode of Death Island!

My preference would be Koh Samui. Paulie was there recently. He may add to this thread once he's stopped screaming at the Chinese... 55

chelski

Hi all, I’m planning out a trip in mid August with a mate who is on a bit of a schedule and wants to do some mongering. We fly into bangers and are heading down to Pattaya for a couple of nights then thinking of heading back to bangers and flying out to one of the islands. We’re tossing up between Samui, Koh Tao or Koh Lanta. Has anyone been to any of these lately and give us some recommendations? Or even nightlife in general? I was in Patong over NYE just gone but definitely don’t want to go back there again.
From memory I do not think that the normal passenger ferry operates in August. I think they only operate from October/November time to about May.
Night life very very low key in Koh Lanta.
Out of the 3 options you gave, it would have to be Samui I think
Here is a link with the ferry info in