Turnbull is scrapping the 457 work visa

wabbits

Active member
Bacon;323859 said:
I know a local manufacturer where the general manager has 6 of their Filipino workers staying at his investment property and he's charging every one of them 250 a week. Life's good when you're a prick.
I came a cross it a lot..Living arrangements employer supplied....Board taken from wage before they got paid.
They were great business for me well the Philippine ones were, all dried up over a year ago.
I think the winding back of the program started sometime ago internally.
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
Bacon;323870 said:
What a cnut 55.
Guess its the same when a guy marries a girl, does the send money home for a bit, then partner visa thing and soon as she is in the country and its approved adios sucker.
Attached files
 

Minder

Well-known member
.
I deal with one Government department here in WA that was inundated with 457 appointees to senior positions since the top senior position here was filled via 457 by their old boss and countryman several years ago .... they were about to bring in yet another of their useless ilk to a senior role - over the guy who has been in the role for five years - when the State Government recently changed hands and the incoming Labor Government quashed that appointment (and some others apparently) ....

Not sure where we will get our abattoir workers and skilled tradesmen now but maybe the deadwood of the mother country will not be piling up in that part of the public services anymore ....
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
OZZYGUY;323869 said:
The english tests are hard i dont think i would pass...55

About 5 years ago I took a Fillipino worker out of a Mercedes dealership in Dubai sent him back to Manila for a year. I paid his wages and put him in english school just to pass the test. He had some skills I needed so a good investment IMO. He past the test and arrived in Aust. Two weeks after he arrived another business offerd him more money and I lost him. Worked out his BF was in that other business.

Protection to the sponsors would be handy that is a big area the 457 visa fell over. The poms are good at using up sponsors too.
I just took my English test for Canada PR

I honestly don't know how most of those young Asians can pass it.
I got basically a 9 out of 10 for immigration purposes but it's my natural language!!
 

wabbits

Active member
Bacon;323864 said:
I guess. They probably even prefer being around each other. I could never live with one housemate though, much less 5! That's my idea of hell.
Flatting when I was younger was great fun just a full on piss up but now well over it.
But diff culture they would pine for the Fjords without like around them.
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
wabbits;323875 said:
..Living arrangements employer supplied....Board taken from wage before they got paid.
.
Not allowed to do that. Need to have an arrangement that they get paid first in FULL. Then they pay you as anyone else would.

I know because I got roasted for it about 10 years back.
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
The process to hire and keep me is pretty onerous in Canada.
Every 3 years my firm has to apply to get my job approved.
They need to advertise my job for 4 weeks in 3 different job markets and show they can't hire a Canadian to do my job.
And basically that hiring me is a positive impact for Canada.

My job is unique in that it is account centric. If I leave the firm they would lose most of my accounts.
So even if a Canadian has similar skills to mine....he won't have the same accounts

But surprisingly this time around very few people appliedm and none came close to qualifying to do my job.
3 years ago it got a bit hairy because there were a few decent applicants.....my boss had to be a bit creative with his wording!
 

wabbits

Active member
OZZYGUY;323880 said:
Not allowed to do that. Need to have an arrangement that they get paid first in FULL. Then they pay you as anyone else would.

I know because I got roasted for it about 10 years back.
Think your right
When I think about it its in disbursements on the payslip different but the same....
 

Minder

Well-known member
MarcTwoSix;323878 said:
I just took my English test for Canada PR

I honestly don't know how most of those young Asians can pass it.
I got basically a 9 out of 10 for immigration purposes but it's my natural language!!
I think it is so sweet that you really believe that to be true .....555
 

wabbits

Active member
Minder;323883 said:
I think it is so sweet that you really believe that to be true .....555
555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
MarcTwoSix;323878 said:
I just took my English test for Canada PR

I honestly don't know how most of those young Asians can pass it.
I got basically a 9 out of 10 for immigration purposes but it's my natural language!!
Well done on the 9/10............55

With the English test they need different pass marks depending what job they are doing. Same goes with studying. The workers I had in the early days no English test was required however English was my own requirement.

After a few years I think the pass mark for the job was 3.5 average and it went up to 5.5 (out of 10) over a few years. Then they made it 5.5 min not a average, so if one subject say writing was under the 5.5 its a fail.

When my wife was on a student visa her min English test was 8/10 but other courses are less. Her English is better than mine and judging from M26 post much the same as him...........55
 
C

Changone

Guest
Minder;323877 said:
.
I deal with one Government department here in WA that was inundated with 457 appointees to senior positions since the top senior position here was filled via 457 by their old boss and countryman several years ago .... they were about to bring in yet another of their useless ilk to a senior role - over the guy who has been in the role for five years - when the State Government recently changed hands and the incoming Labor Government quashed that appointment (and some others apparently) ....
Highly skilled government worker=Oxymoron...555
 

Rockitt

Active member
Is Mr Turnbull trying to 'make Australia great again, put Australia first'.
Sounds like Donald Trump and Theresa May to me.
 
C

Changone

Guest
^Tough new citizenship requirements announced today as well by Donald Turnbull...
 

wabbits

Active member
Changone;323960 said:
^They're going up to $10,000 in the may budget....ner,vy
Annnnnd you can bet the vetting will get tighter.
For me that's not a bad thing its not a union one should enter lightly and it will deter all but the serious.
 
Top