Uber Bangkok

P

pinecone

Back in Hongcouver, Canukistan, you are required to have a specific license (class 2 iirc), and additional insurance as a "vehicle for hire" to operate.

Dupree

The thing is these Ubers have no adequate commercial liability insurance. Use them at your own risk.

MarcTwoSix

Dupree;152003 said:
The thing is these Ubers have no adequate commercial liability insurance. Use them at your own risk.
You are covered same you would be driving in a friends car

But i guess you ok with the filthy cabs and Somalian drivers in SF....one of the worse cities for taxis

Uber for life....get with it Grandpa!!

Dupree

MarcTwoSix;152009 said:

But i guess you ok with the filthy cabs and Somalian drivers in SF....one of the worse cities for taxis

No you're not. Commercial is different than Non Commercial.

P

pinecone

MarcTwoSix;152009 said:

Afraid not. Any vehicle used to transport a person(s)on a pay for use basis is deemed a commercial vehicle. You know how it is, city hall, and the province HAVE to get their ends met FIRST.

On a related side note I was reading the a magazine called "The Big Chilli" that the ony vehicles (for hire) in BKK licensed to carry passengers (cars, vans, bikes) all will have yellow license plates. Good to know considering some of the issues related to transpost in this country.

MarcTwoSix

pinecone;152027 said:
Afraid not. Any vehicle used to transport a person(s)on a pay for use basis is deemed a commercial vehicle. You know how it is, city hall, and the province HAVE to get their ends met FIRST.

On a related side note I was reading the a magazine called "The Big Chilli" that the ony vehicles (for hire) in BKK licensed to carry passengers (cars, vans, bikes) all will have yellow license plates. Good to know considering some of the issues related to transpost in this country.
Go to Google
Passagners are insured when taking Uber

MarcTwoSix

Dupree;161986 said:
Told me what?
that Uber is da bomb...........you can stick to the Somalis driving taxis in SF if ya want because you old and afraid of apps probably 555

Dupree

MarcTwoSix;161989 said:
that Uber is da bomb...........you can stick to the Somalis driving taxis in SF if ya want because you old and afraid of apps probably 555
You talk like I regularly hire cabs? I maybe hire one a year. And a somali can use the Uber app too...;)

MarcTwoSix

Dupree;161992 said:
You talk like I regularly hire cabs? I maybe hire one a year. And a somali can use the Uber app too...;)
But he gets rated.....not like the taxi drivers who act like they want to kidnap you
fcuk taxis

Dupree

MarcTwoSix;161996 said:
But he gets rated.....not like the taxi drivers who act like they want to kidnap you
fcuk taxis
Uber a risky ride for passengers, states warn

California, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Idaho, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Rhode Island, Tennessee and Utah have all issued warnings about possible insurance risks from using rideshare services.
Jason Herrera knows this only too well. He and a co-worker survived a crash in an UberX car that left them with injuries and unpaid medical bills.
Up2U....:)

Dupree

MarcTwoSix;162009 said:
don't you know how the game works already?
the pols are getting bribed by the taxi lobbyists
Tell that to Jason Herrera's unpaid medical bills...

luvinpatong

Dupree;152012 said:
No you're not. Commercial is different than Non Commercial.
This is true. There was an incident in SF not too long ago where an Uber driver caused an accident and his regular insurance would not cover it because he was driving for Uber and therefore needed to carry commercial insurance when on the clock.

MarcTwoSix

Stillearly;162518 said:
The thing is.....I see the London cabbies as having at least a proper argument
They provide a nice clean taxi, professional, courteous drivers and knowledgable
The fact the US taxis are complaining when they shoved horrible service down our throats for decades
fcuk em

Dupree

It will be interesting to see what happens when these Uber drivers start getting mugged, robbed or even raped...:)