Uber Bangkok

MarcTwoSix

Nightcrawler;265554 said:
Understand. But personally found that the apps just don't live up to expectations in BKK, at least not yet.

Sent using Tapatalk
Good info thanks.
I never have an issue with BKK taxis
Most are very clean and drivers are good

My wife just doesn't trust the drivers when alone

MarcTwoSix

Stillearly;265948 said:
The thing is......
Why didn't she call a taxi or go out looking for a taxi?
Because she knows it would be impossible to get one?

I always laugh at these assholes.....of you use Uber you know all about surge pricing
She didn't want to wait for a taxi and knew the deal.

I went out last night knowing getting a taxi would be an issue and planned accordingly

MarcTwoSix

Stillearly;265952 said:
One it was 3x the price when she called , but 8x when she paid .... that can't be right ..
The surge pricing is very clear and we are taking the word of drunk people at 2:30am on NYE?

As I said......I wouldn't use Uber on a night like last night......I'd make alternative plans.

MarcTwoSix

I actually rented a Zipcar and had my share of drinks over a 7 hour party but I was far from drunk. I was cognizant of not keeping my usual pace.
Technically I'd probably fail a breathalyzer but wasn't worried about going through any road blocks

Surprisingly I did not see one police car and I drove all the main streets that police would have manned.

Stillearly

MarcTwoSix;265959 said:
I actually rented a Zipcar and had my share of drinks over a 7 hour party but I was far from drunk. I was cognizant of not keeping my usual pace.
Technically I'd probably fail a breathalyzer but wasn't worried about going through any road blocks

Surprisingly I did not see one police car and I drove all the main streets that police would have manned.
555 so when you said you "planned accordingly " your plan was to drink and drive ....

Stillearly

Dupree;265961 said:
What do you expect from a country (Australia) that pays their hamburger flippers enough to buy Cadillacs and rent an apartment...:)
These were from the US as well

MarcTwoSix

Stillearly;265962 said:
555 so when you said you "planned accordingly " your plan was to drink and drive ....
5 drinks over 7 hours with tons of food is hardly drink and driving I'd say.

Especially when I am usually good for 30!! 555

Dupree

MarcTwoSix;265966 said:
Did you really?
That's great

I tell my idiot brother he should be doing that
From what I've read they make crap money. Except on NYE of course...55

MarcTwoSix

Dupree;265969 said:
From what I've read they make crap money. Except on NYE of course...55
My brother is a car service brother
He goes through times where he works a lot but has periods where there are no jobs.
At 52yrs old he is perfectly happy laying in bed all day watching Dr Phil.....

Although I can't say much today......woke up 10am and was back in my bed at 11:30am 555

Moo Uaon

after the holiday period is finished will be the real acid test.

MarcTwoSix;265967 said:
How were all your passengers?
passengers are really cool.

get some really drunk young hotties out having a good time. plenty of friendly couples too.

Stillearly

MarcTwoSix;265973 said:
My brother is a car service brother
He goes through times where he works a lot but has periods where there are no jobs.
At 52yrs old he is perfectly happy laying in bed all day watching Dr Phil.....

Although I can't say much today......woke up 10am and was back in my bed at 11:30am 555
Hangover from only five drinks over seven hours ... :)