Uber Bangkok

MarcTwoSix

Moo Uaon;309160 said:
my GF can't drive a car and would kill someone for sure....been there tried that. she can ride a bike but in no way can drive a car/1.5 tonne deadly weapon.

even bought the car but she freezes at the wheel and can't turn it while using the peddles.
None of us could, no?
Ao is a bit nervous but is getting better every time, and she is driving in Bangkok traffic
She makes her brother drive half the time 555

Stillearly

Maybe Uber should get their act together

"TfL has concluded that Uber London Limited is not fit and proper to hold a private hire operator licence.
TfL considers that Uber's approach and conduct demonstrate a lack of corporate responsibility in relation to a number of issues which have potential public safety and security implications. These include:

• Its approach to reporting serious criminal offences.
  • Its approach to how medical certificates are obtained.
  • Its approach to how Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks are obtained.
  • Its approach to explaining the use of Greyball in London - software that could be used to block regulatory bodies from gaining full access to the app and prevent officials from undertaking regulatory or law enforcement duties."

Moo Uaon

They've had all sorts of regulatory issues all around the world and still not profitable from what I've read. Uber is a great concept but not perfect and might still fall over yet.
Too many shonky operators out there... including them.

YankeeDK

Stillearly;340216 said:
Maybe Uber should get their act together

"TfL has concluded that Uber London Limited is not fit and proper to hold a private hire operator licence.
TfL considers that Uber's approach and conduct demonstrate a lack of corporate responsibility in relation to a number of issues which have potential public safety and security implications. These include:

• Its approach to reporting serious criminal offences.
  • Its approach to how medical certificates are obtained.
  • Its approach to how Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks are obtained.
  • Its approach to explaining the use of Greyball in London - software that could be used to block regulatory bodies from gaining full access to the app and prevent officials from undertaking regulatory or law enforcement duties."
So they don't like working with fascists. That's why I love them. They are banned in Denmark too unfortunately.

Dupree

Part of my job is approving Travel & Entertainment reimbursements for Commercial Real Estate Brokers all over the US. Recently I've noticed the level of Uber service they use has risen from UberX to Uber Select for their airport rides. That's like going from $64 to $119 for a fancier car. I kicked back 5 requests today telling them to deduct amounts to UberX prices. I can just imagine all the disparaging comments directed at me from all over the county...55 Give these Prima Donna's an expense account and they think they're Donald Trump. 55

MarcTwoSix

Dupree;345659 said:
Part of my job is approving Travel & Entertainment reimbursements for Commercial Real Estate Brokers all over the US. Recently I've noticed the level of Uber service they use has risen from UberX to Uber Select for their airport rides. That's like going from $64 to $119 for a fancier car. I kicked back 5 requests today telling them to deduct amounts to UberX prices. I can just imagine all the disparaging comments directed at me from all over the county...55 Give these Prima Donna's an expense account and they think they're Donald Trump. 55
I take UberSelect for short rides but UberX for airport rides

RakThai

Dupree;345659 said:
And they will tell their boss "I made 5 million for you last year, and now you get a clown like this to tell me what type of taxi I can and cannot drive to the airport.. Seriously? I might be looking for another job if you don't dump this guy.."

Be careful who you are pissing off.. ;teary;

MarcTwoSix

RakThai;345662 said:
And they will tell their boss "I made 5 million for you last year, and now you get a clown like this to tell me what type of taxi I can and cannot drive to the airport.. Seriously? I might be looking for another job if you don't dump this guy.."

I guess it all depends on how the expenses are paid out

Some firms do it as a % of the person's revenue
And I know the stock market side of Dupree's firm does that
So basically if you bring in 1million, they allow you to expense 10k and that usually is not questioned

I am fortunate that my firm pays 100% and I definitely try and stay under the radar
Some people will only stay at the certain hotel group to accrue points personally but I just used Priceline/Hotwire for reasonable hotel rates
I still stay nice 4 star hotels but I save a lot of money

And these days people don't want to go out to big dinners.......just drinks, so that helps
And some of the bigger firms don't even allow their employers to be taken out..............I have that issue with one of my biggest clients. It sort of sucks because the people I personally knew and have good relationships with have left so I get business from guys I don't know personally.........which leaves me on shaky ground

RakThai

MarcTwoSix;345666 said:
I guess it all depends on how the expenses are paid out

Some firms do it as a % of the person's revenue
And I know the stock market side of Dupree's firm does that
So basically if you bring in 1million, they allow you to expense 10k and that usually is not questioned

I am fortunate that my firm pays 100% and I definitely try and stay under the radar
Some people will only stay at the certain hotel group to accrue points personally but I just used Priceline/Hotwire for reasonable hotel rates
I still stay nice 4 star hotels but I save a lot of money

And these days people don't want to go out to big dinners.......just drinks, so that helps
And some of the bigger firms don't even allow their employers to be taken out..............I have that issue with one of my biggest clients. It sort of sucks because the people I personally knew and have good relationships with have left so I get business from guys I don't know personally.........which leaves me on shaky ground
Obviously, I don't know about the specifics..
Don't even know about the business climate in the USA, other than Trump saying there is a billion more jobs.. 55

But here, the crisis is over and especially experienced sales people have many job offers in their pockets..
And I say business conflicts every day about expense account or even the physical size and location of an office these sales people hardly ever visit..

Fucked up world and not the line of occupational health I like to be involved in..
Not to good at ego massages..! 555

RakThai

Moo Uaon;345687 said:
Uber tightass!
If that refers to me, nah..

I don't really care at all... But I do work in Occupational health..

And after an economic crisis for about ten years I see people in charge having adopted an attitude like "You can be happy that you have a job, so better do what I want.."

And now that attitude just doesn't work anymore.. employee's now have more options and will stop accepting all sort of crap..

If people in power, be managers or accountants, don't adapt their attitude towards the changed employment dynamics, their business will suffer..
Not my problem or issue, just a friendly warning...

Dupree

RakThai;345662 said:

Fuck them. They work for us now. You can walk when you contract runs out. Or forfeit the stock you are vesting. And don't forget about the non compete clause for 5 years you signed in your employment contract Bitch...:)

Ian Forbes

About a century ago when I was actually working and traveling on an expense account... like $5 a day for meals, I didn't even use that much and I pocketed the difference. I laugh when I see what expense accounts are today. $5 will get you a child's meal at a fast food outlet.

Even today in Canada where I do my own cooking and have the occasional fast food meal at Burger King or the A&W, I only spend $8 a day. I put everything on my VISA card, so when I get my statement each month I know exactly how much I've spent and on what. Average that out over the 7 months I spend in Canada and I know how much I spend each day.

MarcTwoSix

Ian Forbes;345713 said:
About a century ago when I was actually working and traveling on an expense account... like $5 a day for meals, I didn't even use that much and I pocketed the difference. I laugh when I see what expense accounts are today. $5 will get you a child's meal at a fast food outlet.

Even today in Canada where I do my own cooking and have the occasional fast food meal at Burger King or the A&W, I only spend $8 a day. I put everything on my VISA card, so when I get my statement each month I know exactly how much I've spent and on what. Average that out over the 7 months I spend in Canada and I know how much I spend each day.
If it wasn't for my dog care expenses I would save a shitload of money by travelling so much for work
Because when I am away on biz it's all expensed so I am not spending money I would at home

But then I come home after 2 week and have to pay 700 dollars to the dog boarding place

Moo Uaon

RakThai;345692 said:
If that refers to me, nah..

I don't really care at all... But I do work in Occupational health..

And after an economic crisis for about ten years I see people in charge having adopted an attitude like "You can be happy that you have a job, so better do what I want.."

And now that attitude just doesn't work anymore.. employee's now have more options and will stop accepting all sort of crap..

If people in power, be managers or accountants, don't adapt their attitude towards the changed employment dynamics, their business will suffer..
Not my problem or issue, just a friendly warning...
actually it was leveled at the Duped one!