Upcoming Short Trip

chelski

Tez, most times I have been on my own, I have stayed in different hotels, but most, some of the other BM's have stayed at and have given good reviews. Otherwise I normally look through trip advisor and see what is on offer.
About 2 years ago, I stayed at the Patong Mansion that cost me about $35 per night. At the time it was in the top 10 Phuket hotels on there. It is a bit far out, but nothing wrong with the hotel at all and was well impressed by it, for what you paid.

Never been to CM, so cannot help you out there

If you are on about medical clinics, the one I went to today, charged 1200 Baht for my blood tests, same as I paid 2 years ago. They have nmot got the machines that give you on the spot readings, but take blood and results emailed to you the next day.

Tez

chelski;362594 said:
Tez, most times I have been on my own, I have stayed in different hotels, but most, some of the other BM's have stayed at and have given good reviews. Otherwise I normally look through trip advisor and see what is on offer.
About 2 years ago, I stayed at the Patong Mansion that cost me about $35 per night. At the time it was in the top 10 Phuket hotels on there. It is a bit far out, but nothing wrong with the hotel at all and was well impressed by it, for what you paid.

Never been to CM, so cannot help you out there

If you are on about medical clinics, the one I went to today, charged 1200 Baht for my blood tests, same as I paid 2 years ago. They have nmot got the machines that give you on the spot readings, but take blood and results emailed to you the next day.
I will be looking for some test as well I have stayed at Patong mansion as well About 3 years ago now Funny thing the girl I Bf and kept for a few days had her room next door Quite convenient really.

Nomad

@chelski. Don't you get blood tests for free under Medicare? I do a full battery of tests as part of an annual physical and it's free.

chelski

Nomad;362614 said:
@chelski. Don't you get blood tests for free under Medicare? I do a full battery of tests as part of an annual physical and it's free.
Nomad, yes all my treatment in relation to my heart problems are fully covered by Medicare in Australia, but because my Wafarin levels were not good when I left, my Dr asked me to get a test done here and send him the results, just in case there are still problems.

Moo Uaon

Tez;362604 said:
I will be looking for some test as well I have stayed at Patong mansion as well About 3 years ago now Funny thing the girl I Bf and kept for a few days had her room next door Quite convenient really.
Until you want to take another girl back there of course/treading on egg shells 55

Tez

Moo Uaon;362716 said:
Until you want to take another girl back there of course/treading on egg shells 55
I rarely have that issue ha ha Now there was one from Udon Thani I am always nervous about Try to steer clear of the bar where I think she still works ha ha.

Nomad

chelski;362705 said:
Nomad, yes all my treatment in relation to my heart problems are fully covered by Medicare in Australia, but because my Wafarin levels were not good when I left, my Dr asked me to get a test done here and send him the results, just in case there are still problems.
Cheers Chelski. Best of luck for the tests and have a great trip.

chelski

I am staying at the Asprey, quite a few new hotels and bars up this end compared to the last time I was here

MarcTwoSix

chelski;362832 said:
I am staying at the Asprey, quite a few new hotels and bars up this end compared to the last time I was here
Next time you go stay at Holiday Inn Express on the same street closer the beach
Ao and I loved it

HUGE rooms and the pool area is really nice

Ao said it was the most "in nature " hotel she ever stayed in Phuket
It really is.....so peaceful. Many trees and you hear the birds chirping

That end of the beach is the only area I would stay in Patong
I love it

chelski

Just after I booked into the Asprey, you wrote that you had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. I was tempted to cancel, but in the end stayed with what I had.
The Nap (next door to the Asprey), looks very nice as well.
There is nothing wrong with the Asprey, for what I paid for it I am very happy.

As I said earlier, with more smaller bar area's, new bars and eating places popping up all along that far end stretch, I think it is stopping a lot of people heading along to the main area's. The beach at that end as well is much quieter
The other end of the beach where the Absolute Resort was previously, has built up a bit as well. The area where the Dolphin & Blue Coral bar is just the same as before, but on past that, there is a newish bar area, plus more eating places there as well. It seems smaller bars have become the new thing, rather than having huge areas.
I prefer to drink at that end of the Beach, I have always had a good time in that Sunset Plaza Bar Area as it is a bit more laid back than some of the bars up Bangala

Oh well better get out and about, I think it looks as though the big bike show is opening up today, as they were setting it up when I was coming home last night, so will head down for a look.

MarcTwoSix

chelski;362837 said:
Just after I booked into the Asprey, you wrote that you had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. I was tempted to cancel, but in the end stayed with what I had.
The Nap (next door to the Asprey), looks very nice as well.
There is nothing wrong with the Asprey, for what I paid for it I am very happy.

As I said earlier, with more smaller bar area's, new bars and eating places popping up all along that far end stretch, I think it is stopping a lot of people heading along to the main area's. The beach at that end as well is much quieter
The other end of the beach where the Absolute Resort was previously, has built up a bit as well. The area where the Dolphin & Blue Coral bar is just the same as before, but on past that, there is a newish bar area, plus more eating places there as well. It seems smaller bars have become the new thing, rather than having huge areas.
I prefer to drink at that end of the Beach, I have always had a good time in that Sunset Plaza Bar Area as it is a bit more laid back than some of the bars up Bangala

Oh well better get out and about, I think it looks as though the big bike show is opening up today, as they were setting it up when I was coming home last night, so will head down for a look.
My wife likes Baan Lamai after we stayed there a long time ago.
But I just find that end way too cluttered

My end of the beach feels much more open
Plus we like to eat at the Thai places on the beach for lunch