USA Tourist visa

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
In July I am going to USA and Canada with a buddy for 5 weeks.

I am thinking while I’m away my GF may want to go see her father and sister in NY.

I’m not sure of the USA Tourist visa process, what is the time frame to process a TV, the costs, how long can she stay etc.

Her current student visa in Australia is multiple entry and valid to September so no issue coming back to Aust.

Anyone done a USA TV?
 
M

meese

Guest
they will want to know how many sh*ts a day you have....its a long process and make sure you have all the paper work....and if i remember correctly its not cheap...there embassy is very close to me....you need an appointment here and then you wait in a line...
 

Soupdragon

Active member
A thai friend just got a tourist visa for USA. IIRC it took one day in Bangkok but I am not sure of the cost. The visa is valid for 10 years (not a typo) and I think she can spend a maximum of 6 months there per trip.
 

Quarky

Administrator
Sydney;278842 said:
One all .. maybe wait for the 3rd post oz and make a call from there ...555
Don't think Meese's post applied to a TG though... and I think M26 has some stories about getting US visas for his wife...
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
meese;278834 said:
they will want to know how many sh*ts a day you have....its a long process and make sure you have all the paper work....and if i remember correctly its not cheap...there embassy is very close to me....you need an appointment here and then you wait in a line...
All of that can't be further from the truth
At the consulate in Vancouver you have to book an appointment online
I think my wife was in and out in 1hour
And it is also not a long process......they let you know right away at the interview
They take your passport and it is ready in about 2 weeks
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
Soupdragon;278838 said:
A thai friend just got a tourist visa for USA. IIRC it took one day in Bangkok but I am not sure of the cost. The visa is valid for 10 years (not a typo) and I think she can spend a maximum of 6 months there per trip.
I think they give out 10 years if you are involved with an American(or live in Canada full time)
Ao's is 10years, as is some of her friends
But a lot of her student friends just get a visa for the time that they will be in the US
 
M

meese

Guest
Soupdragon;278838 said:
A thai friend just got a tourist visa for USA. IIRC it took one day in Bangkok but I am not sure of the cost. The visa is valid for 10 years (not a typo) and I think she can spend a maximum of 6 months there per trip.
also got a 10 year visa..but that does not mean they will let you in..its up to the local guy that processes you when you arrive..so for eg you dont have enough money ..they wont let you in
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
meese;278894 said:
also got a 10 year visa..but that does not mean they will let you in..its up to the local guy that processes you when you arrive..so for eg you dont have enough money ..they wont let you in
My wife often flies to the US by herself to meet me
They hardly ask her any questions at all
Just where she is going
 
M

meese

Guest
MarcTwoSix;278891 said:
All of that can't be further from the truth
At the consulate in Vancouver you have to book an appointment online
I think my wife was in and out in 1hour
And it is also not a long process......they let you know right away at the interview
They take your passport and it is ready in about 2 weeks
they much stricter here in africa paulie....to use a saffa term..its a mission to get one..can only comment on my experience here
 
Top