Vietnam Suggestions ?

kaptainrob

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;364259 said:
You would hop in a cheap helicopter in SEA?

Braver man than me 555
Auco 1 and 2 owner, Bhaya Cruises, are part of a wider travel group which includes airlines, travel agency, hotels etc. They can transfer guests (usually VIP's) by helicopter or offer scenic flights. I would trust their twin engine chopper over any small cheapie ... not that they'd be many of them in Vn operating commercially.
 

Rivo

New member
kaptainrob;364238 said:
Just adds US$2,000 or more one way .... 2 wheeled Chopper looking more economical :D

Looks like about US $1,000........................

One-Day Halong Bay Helicopter Tour
Destination: Ha Long Bay
Duration: 1 day
Price: $1,096
Travel to Halong Bay by helicopter is the most comfortable way for one day tour. Instead of 7 hours by car, you can charter a helicopter from Hanoi to Halong bay, one-way flight takes only less than one hour and gives you the beautiful panoramic view on Halong Bay. This tour package includes return flight on private helicopter, 5 minutes scenic tour of Halong Bay, private Luxury Day Cruise in Halong Bay and other services concerned. There are 4 types of helicopter in service: Airbus EC130-T2, Eurocopter EC155-B1, Mi-170 and Mi-172.

Destinations: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Hanoi

Private Tour + Daily departure



Vietnam Helicopter Tours: Halong Bay, Mai Chau, Sapa
 

kaptainrob

Administrator
Rivo;364266 said:
Looks like about US $1,000........................

One-Day Halong Bay Helicopter Tour
Destination: Ha Long Bay
Duration: 1 day
Price: $1,096
Travel to Halong Bay by helicopter is the most comfortable way for one day tour. Instead of 7 hours by car, you can charter a helicopter from Hanoi to Halong bay, one-way flight takes only less than one hour and gives you the beautiful panoramic view on Halong Bay. This tour package includes return flight on private helicopter, 5 minutes scenic tour of Halong Bay, private Luxury Day Cruise in Halong Bay and other services concerned. There are 4 types of helicopter in service: Airbus EC130-T2, Eurocopter EC155-B1, Mi-170 and Mi-172.

Destinations: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Hanoi

Private Tour + Daily departure



Vietnam Helicopter Tours: Halong Bay, Mai Chau, Sapa
2 of you = US$2,192. Think you'll find they left out the word 'from' and that blurb is based on 12 pax tour, not just a 2 pax transfer by single engine Eurocopter. Worth asking for a quote? Would be much nicer than the 3hr (+ souvenir shop stop) road trip.

EDIT ... found the scheduled prices per pax, one-way, not too bad!

DayDepart from HanoiArrival in Halong BayPrice per passengerNote
Tuesday09h0009h55USD 440Incl 8m scenic Halong tour
Wednesday09h0009h55USD 440Incl 8m scenic Halong tour
Saturday09h0009h55USD 440Incl 8m scenic Halong tour
[FONT=&quot]Helicopter from Halong Bay to Hanoi[/FONT]
DayDepart from Halong BayArrival in HanoiPrice per passengerNote
Tuesday14h0014h45USD 390Just flight
Wednesday14h0014h45USD 390Just flight
Saturday16h3017h15USD 390Just flight
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
Gav with the time given I know you won’t get time this trip maybe later. Motor bike rides are great through North VN, The only downside is you can only rent small Bikes. But the country side and riding through the tunnels are a great experience.















 

kaptainrob

Administrator
Rivo;367402 said:
Hey Rob/Ozzy can you confirm I am corresponding with the correct hotel in Hanoi ?..........................


ESSENCE HANOI HOTEL & SPA

Add:22 Ta Hien street, Old quater, Hoan Kiem District,Hanoi, Vietnam

T: +84-24-3935 2485 |M:+84 1644 338 791 | F: +84-24-3935 1897

E: sales1@essencehanoihotel.com| Skype:nhung.le.304

W: www.essencehanoihotel.com
There are actually 2 'Essence' hotels, side-by-side, and sharing facilities eg: restaurant/bar but they have separate check-in counters. See here >street view
Note proximity to Beer Corner, to right of pic. Hotel has double glazing on street front rooms and was very quiet.

They told me that upon expanding 'Essence Hotel' into the adjoining building to create 'Essence d'Orient', it was decided to market both separately and thus capture more business. We stayed in d'Orient. Email addy: [FONT=&amp]sales[/FONT][FONT=&amp]@essencedorienthotel.com

[/FONT]
http://www.essencedorienthotel.com/
 

Rivo

New member
I sent an email off to the email address I posted, which looks different to your recommendation Rob, still looks like a great place to stay, I asked for 2 x nights in Hanoi, then onto Halong Bay, then back to Hanoi for 1 x night before returning to Thailand, here is their reply.......................


Dear Mr. Rivo,



Warmest greeting from Essence Hanoi hotel & spa!



Thank you very much for being interested in our hotel.



We are pleased to OFFER you the Customize Package as below:



1. HOTEL ROOM:



+3 nights stay in 01 Deluxe window double room for 2 persons, inclusive of buffet breakfast.



2. HALONG BAY 2 DAYS 2 NIGHTS



+ Aboard the elite Azalea cruise (same company and same itinarary with famous Orchid cruise) with 01 Suite cabin with Balcony for 2 persons, inclusive of round trip transfer Hanoi - Halong - Hanoi, all meals onboard, entrance and sightseeing fee, kayaking, taxes and service charge, except personal expenses as drinks, beauty spa and massage. Please see Page 404 for tour program



3. AIRPORT TRANSFER:



+ round trip airport transfer (Pick-up AND drop-off)



4. ENTERTAINMENT



30 minutes (food/head & shoulders) Massage voucher for 2 people at the Essencia spa OR two tickets for the Water Puppet show (subject to show’s availability upon your arrival) OR one-hour cyclo tour around the Old Quarter



PRICE USD520 PER PERSON.



Please advise us if you agree with our offering.



Note: the Azalea cruise is now one of top notch cruises in Halong which is offered you the unique itinerary.



However, if you have the idea with other cruise, please inform us, we are able to customize the package for you accordingly.



We look forward to hearing from you



Best regards,



Ms. Rosie (Nhung Le)

Sale Executive
 

kaptainrob

Administrator
Wow, Azalea looks fantastic .... almost brand new (2017) and exceptionally well appointed. Go for it!

The 2 Essence's are same owner so no real difference in service as far as I'm aware.
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
The email address sales1@essencehanoihotel.com is the same I corosponded with. But as Rob said they have two hotels next to each other. If you get the wrong one im sure it will be as good and they may even be able to swap you if needed.

With the two days on the boat check the itinarary to see what areas they go to. Our boat came back to the same place we left the first morning and just swapped passangers thay did the one night trip. So we sort of just got 2 x one night cruses. Was a bit disapointed would have just done the one night if we knew that.
 

kaptainrob

Administrator
OZZYGUY;367468 said:
The email address sales1@essencehanoihotel.com is the same I corosponded with. But as Rob said they have two hotels next to each other. If you get the wrong one im sure it will be as good and they may even be able to swap you if needed.

With the two days on the boat check the itinarary to see what areas they go to. Our boat came back to the same place we left the first morning and just swapped passangers thay did the one night trip. So we sort of just got 2 x one night cruses. Was a bit disapointed would have just done the one night if we knew that.
IIRC, d'Orient was the newer section and we had 3rd window up on right - but the new section extends into that older facade which has another occupant on the ground floor, hence the narrow entrance (complete with Tailor shop). The layout works well but only becomes apparent when you attend the breakfast buffet which was excellent.

Who did you cruise with Ash? Sounds like you got a raw deal. Auco was so good we'd have done a 7 nighter but Azalea looks even more inviting .... https://www.halongcruises.com/cruise/azalea-cruises.html
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
kaptainrob;367481 said:
I
Who did you cruise with Ash? Sounds like you got a raw deal. Auco was so good we'd have done a 7 nighter but Azalea looks even more inviting .... https://www.halongcruises.com/cruise/azalea-cruises.html


Starlight…. Don’t get me wrong we did have a good trip and our room was amazing, loved having a spa and a beer watching the world go by. The food was average but then like you guys we are fussy. Was only us and another group doing the two nights. We went back to the port, dropped people off and picked up another boat load and did the same thing again. The only difference was they had a small boat that took us and the other group on a day trip to the pearl farm while the new lot did what we did the day before.
https://www.starlightcruiseshalong.com/

 

Rivo

New member
Getting close to booking 555.................................just reading about Visa's..................Paer will have no problem from what ive read, but I will need a Visa to enter Vietnam ?.............how do I organize the Visa ?
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member

kaptainrob

Administrator
^ Online is easy and the process painless as long as you remember UPON ARRIVAL ... hurry along to the Visa counter BEFORE Immigration, and get your entry stamp.
 

Rivo

New member
Last-week I booked all the flights from Chiang Rai/Bangkok/Hanoi and return $360 Aud each, could of got cheaper but I preferred the times for these flights.


Paid the 50% deposit today for the Hanoi Holiday Package Deal and have received email confirmation, BTW the email CC'd sales@essence/sales1@essence/info@essence/essence1@essence and reservations@essence so they have lots of different email addresses 555


Just need to have a win with the weather in early August.
 

Rivo

New member
OZZYGUY;368433 said:
I did it online, not sure if these guys but they look the same.
https://vietnamvisa.org/?bingads=au_u-8Cquc4CFUssvQod82UAQw&msclkid=9e3497dbdab414e30514ccd0016499c1

Janice didnt need one.

I used this service to book my Visa online today, and paid their $12US fee, just have to pay the $25US on arrival and get paperwork................very easy to apply btw.


I checked another online service and their fee was $25US plus the $25US on arrival, so Ozzy saved me $13US, I better buy him a beer 555


And Paer will not require a Visa.
 

OZZYGUY

Well-known member
Rivo;371996 said:
I used this service to book my Visa online today, and paid their $12US fee, just have to pay the $25US on arrival and get paperwork................very easy to apply btw.


I checked another online service and their fee was $25US plus the $25US on arrival, so Ozzy saved me $13US, I better buy him a beer 555


And Paer will not require a Visa.
A Heineken will do it.


I cannot remember if you need a passport size photo on arrival, maybe that was Cambo not sure.
 

Rivo

New member
OZZYGUY;372005 said:
A Heineken will do it.


I cannot remember if you need a passport size photo on arrival, maybe that was Cambo not sure.

Yes..........they say you need 2 x passport photos.
 

kaptainrob

Administrator
And don't forget, upon deplaning, hurry along toward Immigration control but stop at the counter on left, just before and almost opposite Immi. If too many farangs arriving the Q can get quite long and you'll be waiting a while as they process each visa.

Did you order a pick-up car via Orient? Our bloke drove like a maniac on the motorway section.

This trip's coming up fast now.
 
Top