Village house deal???

Nomad

The scary thing will be when everyone is charging around on electric motorbikes. Nearly got cleaned up a few times in Shanghai. Silent but deadly! 555 Is SBD a globally used acronym?

Stillearly

The scary thing will be when everyone is charging around on electric motorbikes. Nearly got cleaned up a few times in Shanghai. Silent but deadly! 555 Is SBD a globally used acronym?
same for me in Hanoi , 30 seconds after walking out of my hotel .... 555

OzzyDamo

This is Ao's best friend's sister's house

She build it on family land.

I think just 2 bedrooms
It was 1.3mil to buildView attachment 1293View attachment 1294
I don't get the idea of putting brown brick facade tiles on a house that is such a hot place as Thailand, if you ever build there make sure you have extended eaves and plenty of insulation. Double glazed windows and doors would also be high on my priorities for specifications.

Planting shade trees at a distance away from the house so as to shade the afternoon sun is tricky, it will be a 10 year wait, so I would build and buy a place that had established trees already and carve the foundations to suit the aspect/orientation of the trees. I would build a 4 car man cave at the rear with an extraction bay on the eastern side and a car lift for tinkering, using poly styrene filled, twin skinned, powder coat roof panels and also on the house. Split level is nice, L-shaped with a teak deck and handrailings(engage the best local carpenter), pointing east so it catch the sun in the morning when you will enjoy sunshine the most.

OzzyDamo

She married the wrong guy, poor girl 😀

This whole "buying a house for your girl" is bizarre to me, quite honestly
Maybe because "it's only 60-65k cad"
To me, that's a lot of money anywhere in the world

Plus I am just against an able bodied girl in her 30's(just barely still there 555) not contributing
And in the long run, I think she will appreciate contributing

And I will still be the bulk contributer
Thats what she wants you to think, I wouldn't be surprised if a Thai boy or two isn't far away, probably with multiple sim cards under alias names. Long game is common, just read a story or two on stickman and it will sober you up.

kaptainrob

Administrator
I don't get the idea of putting brown brick facade tiles on a house that is such a hot place as Thailand, if you ever build there make sure you have extended eaves and plenty of insulation. Double glazed windows and doors would also be high on my priorities for specifications.

Planting shade trees at a distance away from the house so as to shade the afternoon sun is tricky, it will be a 10 year wait, so I would build and buy a place that had established trees already and carve the foundations to suit the aspect/orientation of the trees. I would build a 4 car man cave at the rear with an extraction bay on the eastern side and a car lift for tinkering, using poly styrene filled, twin skinned, powder coat roof panels and also on the house. Split level is nice, L-shaped with a teak deck and handrailings(engage the best local carpenter), pointing east so it catch the sun in the morning when you will enjoy sunshine the most.
I agree with your 1st paragraph 100%. AAC/Hebel/QCon blocks are widely used for house construction now. We used 200mm thickness on our external walls & double glazing to 75% of external windows. Pitched tile roof with dust/moisture insulation + ceiling batts.

Note: Accumulated/radiated heat from single skin red brick walls means it can take many hours for aircon to cool just the walls!
Also, a major side benefit of quality aluminium joinery, apart from sound, heat and dust insulation of double-glazed windows, is no easy ingress for geckos. And that's a biggie!

As for your 2nd paragraph, north facing is the best aspect here so as to avoid direct sun on living areas. East is 2nd choice. And the correct choice of 8" potted young trees will see 3 to 4 metres of growth in year one, 5+ metres if a watering system is used. Species like Neem, Black Afara, Poinciana, and most palms are all fast growing and can provide adequate shade in 2 years, easy.

I grew a Poinciana from seed in our 1st house and it gained 12m height within 5 years; Neem and Black Afara's had to be lopped at 10m after just 4 years. Trees grow like crazy here.

MarcTwoSix

Thats what she wants you to think, I wouldn't be surprised if a Thai boy or two isn't far away, probably with multiple sim cards under alias names. Long game is common, just read a story or two on stickman and it will sober you up.
I have your amazing wisdom(when off the bath salts)
Why would I need Stickman?

I get yours for free

Well better than free, because like these Thai boys you suggest above , I've been stealing your money 😀

OzzyDamo

I have your amazing wisdom(when off the bath salts)
Why would I need Stickman?

I get yours for free

Well better than free, because like these Thai boys you suggest above , I've been stealing your money 😀
And I've been taking little bits of your soul with each theft. You'll be lucky if you make the level of a bandicoot next life, I will guess you be something fast and flexible like an arrow squid.

You did say you enjoy a non-conventional relationship, why clip your ladies wings? To think a bar girl isn't having a bit of fun when she comes into those few days of the month in which she just itchin' for some cawk is pretty naive- the girl is only human. Why not open the relationship up at both ends, it might even bring you closer together as people.
Pretty plain to see your not the type to take on the father role being so self-absorbed/narcissistic(my pizza is the best!) with your own enjoyments- your a true DINK! Probably becoming a kinky dink as you lock yourself away in the apartment infront of the big screen plasma free from the distress of the social disorder of a culture founded on nationalism and bigotry.

When the cats away the mice will play!

OZZYGUY

Pretty plain to see your not the type to take on the father role
I think Paul would make a great father and the things he does for his stepson and nephew are well documented here, not sure how you came up with that thought or are you just taking the piss?

MarcTwoSix

I think Paul would make a great father and the things he does for his stepson and nephew are well documented here, not sure how you came up with that thought or are you just taking the piss?
Thanks Ashley
But no need.....

The dude is obsessed with me, obviously I am under his skin

These clowns always show how classless they are when they start talking about wives and such.....

Let him at it, I couldn't care less what a whackjob on bath salts thinks about me or my life

do ron

I searched forever and couldn't find the thread where I asked if people thought there would be covid deals

One came up, I suppose, in Ao's village

Says she thinks she can get them down to 1.5mil for the house and 2 rai

We don't ever really argue over money
She's been good at making her own

But she wanted to "borrow " the 1.5mil

I said no, because I'd have to desire to spend time in that house and to me it's a waste of money that can be put to a nicer house

I will say, I was quite pissed off
It was probably the only time in our relationship I felt it was Thai vs farang

I do think she would work and pay me back

But that wasn't the point
It was her being hell bent on getting a house that I have no desire spending time in

It's shortsighted also.....

View attachment 1283View attachment 1284View attachment 1285
Would you be able to live in rural Thailand , ensconced away from the western world ? Dont think I would but I'm 41 that could change when I'm 61 . I still think id need an expat community even if it was just an Australian .

In the case of a Thai family - who inherits the family home when the parents pass away - Eldest daughter , Second eldest Daughter , youngest son ? ( asking for a friend )

Quarky

Administrator
Would you be able to live in rural Thailand , ensconced away from the western world ? Dont think I would but I'm 41 that could change when I'm 61 . I still think id need an expat community even if it was just an Australian .

In the case of a Thai family - who inherits the family home when the parents pass away - Eldest daughter , Second eldest Daughter , youngest son ? ( asking for a friend )
Youngest daughter?

MarcTwoSix

I've slowed down a lot, so don't think I'd have any issue living in the village

I would always be back and forth from the US(Boston, NYC) and Thailand plus do a decent amount of trips in Thailand/Asia like Chob does
So the time in the village would be chill time

Plus, my wife's village is only a 20min drive to Singburi
Plenty of bars and places to hang out at
They aren't expat places, Thai places
But three are some really cool new places that have opened there in the last 6-7 years

do ron

I would always be back and forth from the US(Boston, NYC) and Thailand plus do a decent amount of trips in Thailand/Asia like Chob does

But three are some really cool new places that have opened there in the last 6-7 years
Would you not rather move to Pattaya and buy a bar ? :cool:

Tarzan

I think its few people that could go to a thai village and skip all wes

If i didnt have a 30min drive to Khon Kaen, i doubt i would stand it in the village. 1 week is ok, then i have to do something. Have been taking weekend trips around Nong Kai, Loei, Chiang Khan. Staying 2 days in a nice resort and see some new things. Then im ready for village life for a week again...

MarcTwoSix

I think its few people that could go to a thai village and skip all wes

If i didnt have a 30min drive to Khon Kaen, i doubt i would stand it in the village. 1 week is ok, then i have to do something. Have been taking weekend trips around Nong Kai, Loei, Chiang Khan. Staying 2 days in a nice resort and see some new things. Then im ready for village life for a week again...
Yeah exactly

Pre-covid

Although I went out and socialize probably a bit more than most.
I would also go 1-2 weeks with mostly staying in, watching sports and just going for walks or just out to eat with Ao casually

I can do the same in the village for periods of time

I also actually enjoy Ao's Aunt and friends that are in the village
I could envision popping over to her Aunt's house or best friends house for some food and drinks, then back to my house
That's a fine night by me
Don't want to do it every night nor sit there all night like the Thais do
But a couple of hours, have some laughs and then home to do what I do here....surf internet, read, watch TV