Village house deal???

Moo Uaon

not being able to holiday overseas I guess
That's it.Plenty of people with time and money on their hands and can only roam locally.
The roads are just full of caravans and with the end of the northern rainy season coming i think there'll be a lot more.

MarcTwoSix

Personally I would be looking in the expat areas, If anything like Pi a lot of expats have moved back home and prices are down. Plus a expats house will be built better and have things you would like. (maybe). From what I have seen in Pi the expat areas have our food, other dudes to hang out with etc. You need that if staying for awhile. Plus when the expats come back the prices will go up.
Doesn't really fit into my timeline

I would only do something in an expat area if a really good deal
And I don't think you are finding those online

The only place that makes sense is Cha Am
Near my MIL's family
And I'm not super stoked about the area
So would only do something in the 2-3mil range that was really worth double that

I'm really not concerned at all in spending time in the village
With the time back in Boston and personal travel
It would be a place I spend 4/5 months out of the year at

MarcTwoSix

Personally I would be looking in the expat areas, If anything like Pi a lot of expats have moved back home and prices are down. Plus a expats house will be built better and have things you would like. (maybe). From what I have seen in Pi the expat areas have our food, other dudes to hang out with etc. You need that if staying for awhile. Plus when the expats come back the prices will go up.
Not a bad place to spend 4-5 months

Would build a TV room though 😀

1615857761037.jpg

MarcTwoSix

Nice property, the trouble is some of these titles have a restriction on construction eg a permanent dwelling.
A minefield at times so yer, do your homework.
Interesting
Didn't know that

This is all rice fields(plenty of houses built around them)

So could be the case for some plots
Thanks

MarcTwoSix

I think I had another thread on covid fire sales ??
Can't find it

We are starting to see some good prices on houses, new and older, in the Samut Prakan and Bangna area

It's been decided they want to buy a house in that area instead of building a house in the village

And we will have cash on hand to buy it in April/May and I really think that we can make a much lower offer than what they trying to sell it for

On the other hand, we didn't really see any big discounts on village land

Quarky

Administrator
If in the Samut Prakan and Bangna area, who will live there?

PS. Was it this thread?

MarcTwoSix

If in the Samut Prakan and Bangna area, who will live there?

PS. Was it this thread?

MIL, brother
Ao when there.....

Oh and Nut!
I mentioned that we would help Nut out with an apartment once he finishes Uni and working and I was strongly advised he will be living at home until he's married 5555

Quarky

Administrator
MIL, brother
Ao when there.....

Oh and Nut!
I mentioned that we would help Nut out with an apartment once he finishes Uni and working and I was strongly advised he will be living at home until he's married 5555
what if he has a job in the city? ..55

MarcTwoSix

ah ok.. I thought you were thinking about a house on the way to Hua Hin at one time?
Yeah we are all over because they don't have one family settled in one area
Cha Am would be ideal if it was Phuket or Samui 5555

But in the end the MIL wanted to stay in Bangkok area and not go to the village