Visa Exemption Rules

mechime

I have had a few visits never overstayed on the exemption rule, arriving by air every time, however this visit they took me in the office, but soon said Ah come for happy new year ok and I got 30 days but they suggested I go to a Thai embassy in Lao or Cambodia and better get a visa. I have had from London a multi one year visa for over 55's but since last year this has changed and now it only lasts 6 months and for 60 days a visit cost a bit too. Well for this you need to online register and apply and then send your passport, all a bit of a hassle if you only want less than 30 days. I found this instruction which indicates arrival by air no limit to number of exemptions for tourist purposes, anybody proved this is the case as I am due back in a months time?

Rockitt

I read on a few forums that they are getting more fussy about the frequent visits to Thailand. As long as you have the required air ticket and money I can’t see a problem really. There is an excellent Facebook group which can give you all the information you need about visas etc. They are called Thai Visa Advice.

anmeno

My tourist visa expired yesterday so I drove down to the border in Malaysia to do a border run, first drove to Padang Besar where I asked if it was possible to get back into Thailand if I pulled out the answer from the lady in the office was that I did not get it, then I asked if I was staying one night in Malaysia and come back the next day I will then get the answer from her was that she did not know because she was not working tomorrow ....

I then decided to drive to Sadao and try there, there were so many people that it was impossible to ask a supervisor, so I decided to check out, at check-out, there were problems because my extension was not registered in the computer system, I was therefore shown to a supervisor who cleaned up that problem, when she was done I asked her if it was possible to enter Thailand again today the answer was that I could not and I should at least be out 3-4 days if I should have a chance to come in again. Since she had checked me out now, I had to go to Malaysia, got a taxi to drive me to the nearest hotel where I checked in. After relaxing a bit, I took a walk around the city where I found a bus station where I found that there was a bus to Kuala Lumpur every half hour, then went back to the hotel to check if there was a flight to Surat Thani on Monday it did, I decided then to book this then went up to the room to relax for a few hours. Took the last bus to Kuala Lumpur which departed at 22:30. after a damn cold night, I arrived at TBS at 0500. I took the bus from there to the airport at 0800, at 12:45 I landed in Surat Thani and went through immigration without any problems.

I will never try a border run in Malaysia again ....

MarcTwoSix

anmeno;427495 said:
My tourist visa expired yesterday so I drove down to the border in Malaysia to do a border run, first drove to Padang Besar where I asked if it was possible to get back into Thailand if I pulled out the answer from the lady in the office was that I did not get it, then I asked if I was staying one night in Malaysia and come back the next day I will then get the answer from her was that she did not know because she was not working tomorrow ....

I then decided to drive to Sadao and try there, there were so many people that it was impossible to ask a supervisor, so I decided to check out, at check-out, there were problems because my extension was not registered in the computer system, I was therefore shown to a supervisor who cleaned up that problem, when she was done I asked her if it was possible to enter Thailand again today the answer was that I could not and I should at least be out 3-4 days if I should have a chance to come in again. Since she had checked me out now, I had to go to Malaysia, got a taxi to drive me to the nearest hotel where I checked in. After relaxing a bit, I took a walk around the city where I found a bus station where I found that there was a bus to Kuala Lumpur every half hour, then went back to the hotel to check if there was a flight to Surat Thani on Monday it did, I decided then to book this then went up to the room to relax for a few hours. Took the last bus to Kuala Lumpur which departed at 22:30. after a damn cold night, I arrived at TBS at 0500. I took the bus from there to the airport at 0800, at 12:45 I landed in Surat Thani and went through immigration without any problems.

I will never try a border run in Malaysia again ....
My work permit takes a couple months to get approved by Human Resources Canada but that is more my firm getting approved to hire a foreigner

But once they approved all I have to do is drive into the US and back into Canada
But that is only possible for Americans

Yours was a lot of travel but still only one day
Not too bad

mechime

Left on 26th Jan from CNX and returned 25th Feb BKK and had no problem at immigration, 30day exemption.
Of course I might not get out if I have a high temperature; even the security guard at Makro was taking digital readings from every customers forehead on entry!

kaptainrob

Administrator
mechime;428092 said:
Left on 26th Jan from CNX and returned 25th Feb BKK and had no problem at immigration, 30day exemption.
Of course I might not get out if I have a high temperature; even the security guard at Makro was taking digital readings from every customers forehead on entry!
A pointless exercise that merely clogs the main entry .... I barge straight thru. Same at BIG with a girl at the escalator ... WTF is an untrained person going to do if someone has an abnormal reading? Call an ambulance or run like hell. 555

MarcTwoSix;427497 said:
My work permit takes a couple months to get approved by Human Resources Canada but that is more my firm getting approved to hire a foreigner

But once they approved all I have to do is drive into the US and back into Canada
But that is only possible for Americans

Yours was a lot of travel but still only one day
Not too bad
Stop talking crap M26, we are not talking US / Canada. About time you woke up to the shit you sprout when people are talking about Thailand.
You do not live here, or in the real world. You support a Thai family, good for you. You shit me to tears fella and putting crap on Australians as a nation just adds bonus demerit points, stupid non relevant posts do not help people in need of guidance.

Wanker

I vote that you should be banned...

MarcTwoSix

1080;428110 said:
Stop talking crap M26, we are not talking US / Canada. About time you woke up to the shit you sprout when people are talking about Thailand.
You do not live here, or in the real world. You support a Thai family, good for you. You shit me to tears fella and putting crap on Australians as a nation just adds bonus demerit points, stupid non relevant posts do not help people in need of guidance.

Wanker

I vote that you should be banned...
Hey another white trash Aussie......

I was given Ameno, who isn't white trash and have had many enjoyable nights with, perspective that even though it seems a hassle, it was still just one day
So all and all, he's pretty lucky

I don't expect a white trash Aussie to understand that though...

PS...I obviously don't think all Aussies are white trash
But certainly this mutt