Visa Options

Z

Zablive

quiksilva;302166 said:
I've done it twice now.
I get them to do the Cambodia visa and stamps. And then come back through and get 15 days via the Thai border crossing....
Extending the 15 days at the Sa Kaoe immi is possible?
Yes - 30 days extension for 1900 baht in the last few days of your entry stamp validity.
How long ago did you do this?
Things have changed this year - best to check first.
ThaiVisa have plenty on this.

Z

Zablive

quiksilva;302217 said:
Would be 18 months ago.
I will have to join TV.
Good idea - you can no longer assume you can do what you did before.
Nothing is constant in LoS except change 555!

Moo Uaon

not much happening there...

Posted November 9, 2015 · Report post
Does anyone know the current status of this issue?
If i go to Poipet with a double entry tourist visa, will I be able to cross to Cambodia for a few minutes, and come back to Thailand on my 2nd entry? If not, how long do I have to stay outside before I'm allowed to come back?
Like this

Z

Zablive

Go to ThaiVisa, Visas section and the sticky "Border Crossings".
AFAIK you can read but not post as a visitor.
I'm a member and read the Visa questions every day.

Z

Zablive

Or if married to a Thai you can take your original 30 day exempt stamp to Thai Immi office (not the border) and get a 60 day extension to visit your wife plus a re-entry permit.

Z

Zablive

From TV:

Posted September 27 · Report post

I can confirm POIPET is user friendly. And I was shocked by the nice mannered super model Thai female captain. What a lovely lady. There's a dowry of a healthy amount there. Can cross in out as long as you have a VISA.

Mr. Smiley

Zablive;302306 said:
Can cross in out as long as you have a VISA.
So is that a vote for getting a Tourist Visa before coming to Thailand then?

Doesn't really mention if it's still user friendly if you are crossing in/out on a visa exempt stamp.

dave01

Moo Uaon;302127 said:
7 from the day you apply but you'd be best to go on day 14 in case you get turned away or they're closed or whatever,to be safe.

i'm reading $225 for a TV from Melbourne. that's a big jump from $45! that'd be the best way to go.
Don't know where you are reading that.... Price for a SETV is $45.00 :

Instructions
TOURIST Visa
Updated: 11/08/2016
1. The application form must be completed and submitted together with the following;
o Original Passport which must be in order and valid for AT LEAST 6 months, beyond the proposed date of
entry into Thailand.
o 1 recent passport sized photograph (3.5x4.5cm)
o Flight itinerary or e-ticket entering Thailand.
o Application Form A (Completed and Signed)
o Payment (see point 2 & 3 for fees and payment methods)
2. A tourist visa allows you to stay up to 60 days in Thailand, starting from the day of entry.
The fee is AUD $45.

I think you are confusing the price of a METV:

Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV)
Updated: 11/08/2016
The METV allows multiple entries into Thailand for a maximum of 60 days per entry. This visa is only
valid for a 6-month time frame starting from the date the visa is issued. You therefore must enter
Thailand within a 6-month time frame.
1. The application form must be completed and submitted together with the following:
o Original Passport which must be in order and valid for AT LEAST 6 months, beyond the
proposed date of entry into Thailand.
o 1 recent passport sized photograph (3.5x4.5cm)
o Flight itinerary or e-ticket entering Thailand.
o Application Form A (Completed and Signed)
o Payment AUD $225 (See point 2 for payment methods)
o Evidence of adequate finance showing no less than AUD $8,000 OR 200,000 Baht (if
Thai bank account) as follows:
FAX: (61 3) 9533 9200
EMAIL: info@thaiconsulatemelbourne.com
HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY – FRIDAY
9:30AM – 2:00PM

Info lifted directly from the application form on Thai Consulate, Melbourne website.

Moo Uaon

60 day visa. Thought it was a multi TV. Maybe O?
QS said same. 45 is what it's been for yonks.
Check again on PC later. Phone is a pita.

quiksilva

I thought i would need multi entry?
Or can i get 30 on arrival then use the $45 dollar visa when i come back via land crossing?

Z

Zablive

The METV allows 60 days, per entry, for up to 6 months from issue, but has strong financial requirements.
Non-Immi O visas are only issued by the Embassy in Canberra, not the Melbourne consulate and are far more complicated to get these days.

Moo Uaon

quiksilva;302551 said:
Thought so.
Maybe i shouldn't spend the day in Cambodia...
Was going to suggest that or reschedule it closer to the end of your trip than the start.

Z

Zablive

Moo Uaon;302550 said:
^ if they see a visa when you arrive they will stamp it "used".
Not if it is Multi-entry.
With a SETV, once you enter what is important is your Permission to Stay stamp, whether you buy a re-entry permit and whether you get a 30 day extension at your local Immi office.

The Visa only gets you into the Kingdom, the PTS stamp allows you to stay.

Z

Zablive

quiksilva;302549 said:
I thought i would need multi entry?
Or can i get 30 on arrival then use the $45 dollar visa when i come back via land crossing?
Not sure what you mean but if you have a SETV on your initial arrival they will use that and not give you the 30 day exempt entry.
If you mean get a SETV in Cambodia it will mean overnight in Phnom Penh.

If you tell us how long you want to stay and how many exits it will be easier to give you your current options.