Visas to western countries ease/difficulty

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
What a difference a span of 6 years makes

We used to sit and sweat out if Ao would get a visa.
She was denied a Canadian one once and a US visa once

Now her mom and son rock up, apply and get their Canadian tourist visas in a week!
Unreal

Now I just got to fork over the 3k for the flights :)
 

kaptainrob

Administrator
MarcTwoSix;206690 said:
What a difference a span of 6 years makes

We used to sit and sweat out if Ao would get a visa.
She was denied a Canadian one once and a US visa once

Now her mom and son rock up, apply and get their Canadian tourist visas in a week!
Unreal

Now I just got to fork over the 3k for the flights :)
3k being the cheap part? ... eating and shopping racks up as much or more,
 
Z

Zablive

Guest
MarcTwoSix;206690 said:
What a difference a span of 6 years makes

We used to sit and sweat out if Ao would get a visa.
She was denied a Canadian one once and a US visa once

Now her mom and son rock up, apply and get their Canadian tourist visas in a week!
Unreal

Now I just got to fork over the 3k for the flights :)

So do you kick the dog out of the spare bedroom?

How long before they set up a noodle cart downstairs next to Maccas?
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
Zablive;206710 said:
So do you kick the dog out of the spare bedroom?

How long before they set up a noodle cart downstairs next to Maccas?
Something tells me the kid is just fine with Maccas......grandma won't

The pooch will be in heaven.......2 more people to play with
And at just under a 1000 sq ft, we've discussed me losing my bed! The MIL in with my wife and me on the sofa!!

Easier for me to get up at 4:30am and get ready for work
 
Z

Zablive

Guest
MarcTwoSix;206713 said:
Something tells me the kid is just fine with Maccas......grandma won't

The pooch will be in heaven.......2 more people to play with
And at just under a 1000 sq ft, we've discussed me losing my bed! The MIL in with my wife and me on the sofa!!

Easier for me to get up at 4:30am and get ready for work
Fcuk that - you have to be King in your Castle! From Day One. - buy a woven mat - make them feel at home.
I thought you said some great Townhouse - 90 sq.m
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
Zablive;206732 said:
Fcuk that - you have to be King in your Castle! From Day One. - buy a woven mat - make them feel at home.
I thought you said some great Townhouse - 90 sq.m
I'd prefer to be able to get ready for work without worrying about waking anyone else?

90 sqm, isn't that 9,000 sq ft? In Vancouver? That would be 20mil dollars!! 555
I'd need to borrow 19.5mil from you!!
 

RakThai

Well-known member
MarcTwoSix;206738 said:
I'd prefer to be able to get ready for work without worrying about waking anyone else?

90 sqm, isn't that 9,000 sq ft? In Vancouver? That would be 20mil dollars!! 555
I'd need to borrow 19.5mil from you!!
You did change to the metric system, didn't you?

About 3 ft to one meter, so 3x30 meter is 90 sqm, which is about 9x90 = 810 sq ft...
So don't worry about the loan from Baz. 555
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
RakThai;206766 said:
You did change to the metric system, didn't you?

About 3 ft to one meter, so 3x30 meter is 90 sqm, which is about 9x90 = 810 sq ft...
So don't worry about the loan from Baz. 555
Oh, you just add the a zero
Ok, no I can handle that size !!
 

jontymate

Active member
How hard is it to bring TW / GF to Canada from the perspective of a citizen?
Dao has a friend from Laos that stays in her condo in BKK. She has taken a customer to BF+++ status ($$$$ + Meet the parents) over his 3 month holiday. Any way as happens he has gone home and she is knocked up.

So now he wants to marry her and bring her to Canada. He seems to think it will just be filling out some forms and then hop on a bird to Canada and all will be good right with the world. I usually keep out of this stuff as it frustrates me. This girl I have a soft spot for so will to help HIM out. Any advice other than steer him to Thai Visa? I have heard anecdotally that the Canadian embassy in BKK does tourist visa’s and the like only. Partner visas are processed in Singapore. Any info or pointers ?
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
jontymate;206819 said:
How hard is it to bring TW / GF to Canada from the perspective of a citizen?
Dao has a friend from Laos that stays in her condo in BKK. She has taken a customer to BF+++ status ($$$$ + Meet the parents) over his 3 month holiday. Any way as happens he has gone home and she is knocked up.

So now he wants to marry her and bring her to Canada. He seems to think it will just be filling out some forms and then hop on a bird to Canada and all will be good right with the world. I usually keep out of this stuff as it frustrates me. This girl I have a soft spot for so will to help HIM out. Any advice other than steer him to Thai Visa? I have heard anecdotally that the Canadian embassy in BKK does tourist visa’s and the like only. Partner visas are processed in Singapore. Any info or pointers ?
Believe it or not, they say it is easier for me, an immigrant, to bring family over.

But I know a Canadian who lives in BKK that had a business in Canada helping people with Visas
If you shoot me a PM with contact info I can see if he can help her on the ground in Thailand while corresponding with her bf/husband

I dont know if he will want to charge or how much but I will make sure he at least gives them a break on any fee and he really knows his stuff
 

jontymate

Active member
MarcTwoSix;206831 said:
Believe it or not, they say it is easier for me, an immigrant, to bring family over.

But I know a Canadian who lives in BKK that had a business in Canada helping people with Visas
If you shoot me a PM with contact info I can see if he can help her on the ground in Thailand while corresponding with her bf/husband

I dont know if he will want to charge or how much but I will make sure he at least gives them a break on any fee and he really knows his stuff
Thanks for the offer Paul. If they / He wants to go down that road which I will strongly suggest I will send the details. Just so I can pass. What are his credentials for this type of work? Is he registered with an association that is recognized with Canadian embassy or Government or professional association?
 

MarcTwoSix

Well-known member
jontymate;206834 said:
Thanks for the offer Paul. If they / He wants to go down that road which I will strongly suggest I will send the details. Just so I can pass. What are his credentials for this type of work? Is he registered with an association that is recognized with Canadian embassy or Government or professional association?
I don't think he has any credentials
I do know that was the main source of his income and he dealt with all the foreign students here
He is married to a TG but he lives with her family in BKK
He is an older guy and pretty trustworthy
 
Top