Welcome to the new forum

Bacon

Administrator
Please post any issues you encounter and we'll try and fix them as soon as possible.

Any returning members reading this, if you're having trouble loggin in please email admin@thai-dreaming.com. Alternatively create a dummy account and post in this thread and we'll get your account sorted,

As you can see some people have been helping out with the testing for a few days, and have my thanks. Despite this, some issues remain.

• The more immediate one is www.thai-dreaming.com not leading directly to the forums.
  • This linking issue is also affecting the password reset function, but I've started forwarding temporary passwords directly to Bms.
  • You may also want to change a couple of things in your preferences straight off the bat. The notifications are numerous and can lead to a lot of emails. You can access them under your preferences by clicking your username from the top right.
  • Privacy settings are also pretty tight and initially don't even allow others to PM you. From preferences, select privacy on the left hand side, and then flip the "Start conversation with you" option to members only. You can change the others based on your preferences as well.
  • Different forum styles are also available for selection from your preferences. It should be the first on the list. Additional and better ones will be installed soon. The current ones aren't that great.
  • If you notice anything not looking right let me know. The new site is still more or less under construction.
  • Also one annoying feature we've noticed to be missing is the button that takes you to the last unread post. Not sure what to do about that at the moment.

That's about it for now. I'll keep editing this post as things change.

Last edited:

kaptainrob

Administrator
Open preferences by clicking on (your) name at top right, and go through the selection starting with 'style' 'time zone' etc.

Bacon

Administrator
Also, if you click your name from the top right, go to privacy and then set these options to members only, or however you like. But the conversation one has to be set, or people won't be able to send you PMs.

Capture.JPG

Bacon

Administrator
I fiddled with avatar settings and couldn't figure it out. The closest thing was a radius option which I set to 0%, but that just made the boarder square and didn't change anything. Kind of like them round.

Some are affected, others look fine.

Get new avatars 55.

Quarky

Administrator
Is there a click on last post viewed button? It may be there and i have just missed it? Was a little inverted triangle on the old site.

Bacon

Administrator
Yeah I've noticed Xenforo hasn't got it. Should be last unread. I'll have a dig around.

kaptainrob

Administrator
I fiddled with avatar settings and couldn't figure it out. The closest thing was a radius option which I set to 0%, but that just made the boarder square and didn't change anything. Kind of like them round.

Some are affected, others look fine.

Get new avatars 55.
XF requires an almost square pic so all rectangular avatars will automatically get squeezed.

kaptainrob

Administrator
You should set up location/time/date and messaging preferences etc in PRIVACY. Can add a signature also, if desired. Start by clicking your NAME at top right.

justcruzing1

Hi SE, it was painless wasn't it.
AND we have paragraphs!!

Follow what Rob said and also what Bacon says in post No 4 on here. You will then be all good to go.