What are you eating ?

MarcTwoSix

^
The 1st day at hospital, Ao left with the little one and they stopped at 7/11 and Ao was complaining the little one wanted too much and too expensive

On the phone I said "she can get what she wants, her big sister is sick "

The next day they discussing lunch and the little one wanted to go to a big restaurant
Her mom said "mai me satang"

The little one said "Uncle Paul said my big sister is sick so he will buy me food" 555

MarcTwoSix

Brain tumor. At that age. What a shame. Are they benign?
Yeah I said they were small and benign
Be weird to make a post about their food tour after finding out she has brain cancer 555

Still always concerning though
But they not even doing surgery right away, waiting for her school break so the Dr not urgently concerned

MarcTwoSix

Completely missed the benign bit... 55

Still. Not nice for the kid. Would be confusing at that age.
From all accounts the Hospital( a University Hospital) and Doctor were fantastic both in medical terms but also in manner, my wife was very impressed in how they explained everything.

Ao was distraught and crying the 1st day, I did explain that people freak when they hear anything "brain related" but sometimes it can be as simple as fixing a broken arm(was just trying to get her to stop crying! )

Anyways best result possible at this moment and they ate a lot of food! 5555

MarcTwoSix

Is corn on the cob just an American/Canadian thing?

We eat corn on the cob in the summer

A) I think I've broken a record on how many I've even this summer.

B) I don't understand how it's so cheap.
It's like .30(7 baht) per cob
I honestly would pay $5.00 per cob

Dupree

Its cheap because we are the biggest producers in the world..

The total production of corn in the US for the year 2019 is reported to be 13.016 billion bushels, of which the major use is for manufacture of ethanol and its co-product (Distillers' Dried Grains with Solubles), accounting for 37% (27% + 10%), or 4,845 million bushels (3,552 + 1,293).

MarcTwoSix

Its cheap because we are the biggest producers in the world..

The total production of corn in the US for the year 2019 is reported to be 13.016 billion bushels, of which the major use is for manufacture of ethanol and its co-product (Distillers' Dried Grains with Solubles), accounting for 37% (27% + 10%), or 4,845 million bushels (3,552 + 1,293).
They still dummies

I'd pay $5.00 for it :)

Tingtong

You can get corn on the Cob all year round here and sells for between $1.00 and $1.50 each. Sometimes cheaper and not always good . I have it a couple of times a week .

MarcTwoSix

You can get corn on the Cob all year round here and sells for between $1.00 and $1.50 each. Sometimes cheaper and not always good . I have it a couple of times a week .
Yeah it does ebb and flow

Sometimes it's fantastic and sometimes not as good

I've been on a 4x per week roll for 2 months :)

RakThai

My kids loved corn on the cob, until they got braces..
After finishing those, they still don't like it anymore..
Guess it's the sensation of things between their teeth that has put them off...

Chob

Africa has you all beat. When asked directions the often used answer, is 'just down the road' That could be anything from a few hundred meters to Cape Town to Cairo 5555
I dont know if any of you ever saw it , but when I was about 8 there was a movie called "Sammy goes South."
Man , that inspired me to travel.
It starts off with a bomb going off in his house in Cairo ( hmm , or Khartoum ??) ... any way its a time when African colonies are uprising and his Raj style parents are killed . He remembers he has his loving aunt in South Africa , so he sets off up the Nile ( musta been Cairo ) and travels all the way , with the help of many Africans , to her. Beautifully filmed.

Bacon

Administrator
^ I tried to look for it Chob, but what I found is this. A Boy Ten Feet Tall - AKA Sammy Going South. Is this is? It's in Africa