What are you eating ?

Tingtong

we had a Turkish Pizza (Pide) joint just near my house in Sydney's Surrey Hills back in the day (40+ years ago)..I loved their cheese and mined beef, egg and cheese with parsley and loads of lemon and their xchopped lamb pides..they were like $3 each too so even a struggling student + muso like me could afford to buy a couple to share with a friend...was offered a shot of raki (sometimes way too many 555) with them as well

View attachment 1395
Was That place near the corner of Elizabeth and Cleveland St ? . There was a Bunch of Lebanese Restaurants There too , My Fav was Abdul's . I used to get a mix plate which was the Outstanding . When I worked in Headquarters Fire Station In the City we would go down in the Truck on night shift and Get Lamb Kebabs , They were Great . The Owner, a hard core Muslim nearly smiled one night when we ordered 20 Kebabs 555 .
This was in the Late 80's , There was a Pub across the Road on the intersection with a Old Barmaid with Huge Jugs ... You might even remember her 55

Bacon

Administrator
pffft Greeks. They stole all that from Persians, Egyptians, Moroccans, etc, as they used to be a seafaring people around the Meditarinian. Literally all their food is some variation of those Cuisines. They have bundled some of the best into their own though, which admittedly makes their version pretty good.

bacwaan

Was That place near the corner of Elizabeth and Cleveland St ? . There was a Bunch of Lebanese Restaurants There too , My Fav was Abdul's . I used to get a mix plate which was the Outstanding . When I worked in Headquarters Fire Station In the City we would go down in the Truck on night shift and Get Lamb Kebabs , They were Great . The Owner, a hard core Muslim nearly smiled one night when we ordered 20 Kebabs 555 .
This was in the Late 80's , There was a Pub across the Road on the intersection with a Old Barmaid with Huge Jugs ... You might even remember her 55

55..can't remember that particular barmaid but I do remember the pub..pretty sure it has gone now..it had topless barmaids there for a while in the 80s...

i used to love Abdul's for great value takeaways as well..along with "The Prophet" which was more of a sit down joint just a few doors up...

The Turkish joint (iirc "Goldne Pide) was not far up from there on Cleveland...between the corners of Crown and Bourke streets...

do ron

I'm so easily swayed

Had Greek food tonight 😀

Lamp chops
Souvlaki
Greek salad
I've been to Cyprus with my parents as a teenager , Malia in Crete on a lads holiday and Zante with an ex GF . All good memories.

Its been 16 years since ive been to Greece so a return visit is on my radar . Would recommend it for a holiday , potentially even a retirement destination .

MarcTwoSix

Ao has a credit that I pay
I don't even know how much she spends.
Maybe 50k per year.....

It has taken me years to tell her to stop asking me if she can use it to spend 1k baht

Anyways she uses it to go out to eat with her Mom or her son

Usually at pretty nice places
I am always amazed of what she gets for 1200-1500 baht

This was 1200 baht for 3 of them 1614565723838.jpg1614565728152.jpg1614565731593.jpg1614565734474.jpg1614565736915.jpg