What are you eating ?

kaptainrob

Administrator
^ depends on the individual. Personally I love mashed spuds. Large slab of real butter melted in with the drained, cooked potatoes, heated for mere seconds until butter is smoking, over a hot flame. Dollop of Dijon mustard, s & p to taste, milk as required ... bingo!

Dupree

^ depends on the individual. Personally I love mashed spuds. Large slab of real butter melted in with the drained, cooked potatoes, heated for mere seconds until butter is smoking, over a hot flame. Dollop of Dijon mustard, s & p to taste, milk as required ... bingo!
Paul's a wack job. Don't even attempt to figure him out. This is one of my favorite meals. 20201225_162257.jpg

chelski

You just proved me right!
They ain't served on mashed potatoes 5555

But the whole plate looks great and I'd gladly eat it
But I wouldn't want the meatball sauce getting on my mashed potatoes
M26 I am with you, I love meat balls with pasta or polenta, mash I cannot stand.
Living with an Irish lady, not liking mash or boiled spuds does not go down well.
Roast Spuds or Chips are fine, but most of the rest is not eatable

MarcTwoSix

M26 I am with you, I love meat balls with pasta or polenta, mash I cannot stand.
Living with an Irish lady, not liking mash or boiled spuds does not go down well.
I like mashed
Just not with meatballs

But I was just taking the piss with KR 555
His food always looks great, even when not my style

Quarky

Administrator
So Pavlova.. after all the arguments... NZ or Australia in origin.. turns out it was neither... 55

A new listing in the Oxford English Dictionary in 2010 said the pav was invented in New Zealand.

But in 2015, Dr Andrew Paul Wood, a New Zealander, and Annabelle Utrecht, an Australian, said they could “categorically state” the modern pavlova began life as a German torte, eventually travelling to the United States where it evolved into its final form.

They found more than 150 pavlova-like meringue cakes served with cream and fruit prior to 1926. They also found more than 50 dishes named after Pavlova occurring before 1927.

Moo Uaon

Hey Chels not seen you around for a while.
Your good Irish lady should be able to whip you up one of my mums fav things to cook Irish potato cakes.... luv em..

images.jpeg

Quarky

Administrator
I can mash em to a paste without butter or milk... 55

but if no gravy... I add the milk and butter... but gravy too? Too much.. just indulgent.. 555