What are you eating ?

kaptainrob

Administrator
I add some chopped onion to my mash to pep it up a notch 😁
Try throwing a few cloves of garlic in with spuds when cooking. We often add coriander or shallot when mashing. Jo makes excellent mash but prefers boiled, baked or roast. Can't get flowery potatoes here but the Cn imports ideal for all but chips.

Makro sell a good frozen chip product, ex Malaysia, which fries up crispy, yet tender inside. Perfect every time when oil temp is correct and chips double fried.

kaptainrob

Administrator

Chinese sticky (savoury) rice - "No Mi Fan" - a yumcha favourite!

We cook our own version of this fabulous dish using Thai (dry) pork sausage although I prefer to use Chinese sausage with its unique flavour.

Cook in a pot or rice cooker/multi-cooker, for best results. Ingredients may be substituted according to taste or whatever you have to hand. I like to add frozen peas or broad beans but you can use pre-soaked dry beans or canned product. You can also flavour with fresh or powdered turmeric, ginger, curry powder ... whatever you like really, just be careful not to over do it.

This recipe is a very good one > https://www.chewoutloud.com/chinese-sticky-rice/

Nauts

Chinese sticky (savoury) rice - "No Mi Fan" - a yumcha favourite!

We cook our own version of this fabulous dish using Thai (dry) pork sausage although I prefer to use Chinese sausage with its unique flavour.

Cook in a pot or rice cooker/multi-cooker, for best results. Ingredients may be substituted according to taste or whatever you have to hand. I like to add frozen peas or broad beans but you can use pre-soaked dry beans or canned product. You can also flavour with fresh or powdered turmeric, ginger, curry powder ... whatever you like really, just be careful not to over do it.

This recipe is a very good one > https://www.chewoutloud.com/chinese-sticky-rice/
This is really delicious if done properly. Yummy

Bacon

Administrator
^^ How much is your guys glucose these days? 🙂
I'm back to my comfortable 75kgs, or 165 pounds, so can't be that bad. Staying off beer helps. I also don't have a sweet tooth, don't snack and never got into the habit. Can't remember the last time I had doritos, chips, chocolate, doughnuts, ice cream etc. I don't really eat bread any more either and pasta is limited to restaurants only.

I do eat a lot of animal fat though. Smoke too, and drink like a champion. So if one doesn't get me, something else will. Im hedging my bets against dementia, catheters, colostomy bags, dementia... opinions about the moistness of cake, being a burden, limp dick etc etc....

Quarky

Administrator
I'm back to my comfortable 75kgs, or 165 pounds, so can't be that bad. Staying off beer helps. I also don't have a sweet tooth, don't snack and never got into the habit. Can't remember the last time I had doritos, chips, chocolate, doughnuts, ice cream etc. I don't really eat bread any more either and pasta is limited to restaurants only.

I do eat a lot of animal fat though. Smoke too, and drink like a champion. So if one doesn't get me, something else will. Im hedging my bets against dementia, catheters, colostomy bags, dementia... opinions about the moistness of cake, being a burden, limp dick etc etc....
It's funny.. when I was a pharma rep, the number of doctors that were overweight and smoked! They should make it a condition of your medical license that you don't smoke and could pass a medical to get into the army...

Let's make doctors healthy again! But seriously how can patients take a doctor seriously when they tell you to lose weight and stop smoking if you want to live.... While they the doctor are both a smoker and overweight?

Dupree

How much weight have you lost?

Quarky

Administrator
Or talk to girls....
I have to be honest but I find 99.9% of women so dull. I much prefer the company of men. Though most men bore me too.. though there is always sport. But I like to talk about philosophical stuff a lot... and I can count on one hand the number of girls who I have met that you can have a stimulating conversation with. At least with men there is a much better chance we'll find something interesting to talk about. Though I prefer sex with women so that complicates things.

I'll get my coat.

MarcTwoSix

I have to be honest but I find 99.9% of women so dull. I much prefer the company of men. Though most men bore me too.. though there is always sport. But I like to talk about philosophical stuff a lot... and I can count on one hand the number of girls who I have met that you can have a stimulating conversation with. At least with men there is a much better chance we'll find something interesting to talk about. Though I prefer sex with women so that complicates things.

I'll get my coat.
Fcuk off , I ain't your shrink 555