What are you eating ?

MarcTwoSix

I love cauliflower au gratin but Thai grown cauli's, like broccoli, lack any real flavour.

Another good way to do cauli, is deep fried florets in bread crumbs - super when either hot or cold with a sprinkle of salt. Tip: Blanch the florets 1st and allow to dry and cool before dusting with flour/egg/crumbs.

I worked at a catering hall in University

A lot of times the appetizers at the cocktail hour were breaded vegetables with plum sauce

I'd take them around on a platter

I'd house 2 to 3 before I got out of the kitchen each trip 😀

Bacon

Administrator
Many years ago , I used the word 'Au Gratin' in a game of Scrabble and the Philistines I was playing with wouldn't accept it as a word .I was an Apprentice Chef at the time so knew it in fact was a word , Note to self ... Dont use French words in the 80's when your playing against Boiler Makers and Council workers (Burger Flippers) .
I don't know... boiler makers are on good dosh. More than an apprentice chef anyway.:D

do ron

Went for Baby squid last weekend whilst out , slightly underwhelmed . In future , I'll just stick to Calamari .

1619862631683.png

do ron

Skin should have been removed. Slack chef? What was the stuffing like?
The stuffing was qooey , it kept running through my mind that this was the actual ink I was digesting .

I'm a bit tentative with Fried Calamari as I got a bit of a sickening from it on one occasion in Spain . Koh pad plá muuuk is one of my go-to dishes in Thailand .

MarcTwoSix

Scallop Pad Cha and Pad King Goong .

Love a bit of ginger , have it in shakes in all sorts . Good for the immune system or fighting off a cold .

View attachment 1771
Gooong looks amazing

Not a huge fan of the big scallops unless they are cooked perfectly

Too rubbery

I usually buy the small scallops and broil/bake them with breadcrumbs and butter

do ron

Gooong looks amazing

Not a huge fan of the big scallops unless they are cooked perfectly

Too rubbery

I usually buy the small scallops and broil/bake them with breadcrumbs and butter
The Goong were 'Large ' King size prawns . Don't like standard size Goong .

Mashed potato, steamed carrot and BBQ Australian rib fillet, no photos cause I was hungry.
Very tasty if I do say so myself. Wife and daughter ate everything on their plate too.
We eat beef every second or third week otherwise pork or chicken with what ever veg is handy.
A mate back in Australia sent me a photo of a menu from a café in Grafton the other day.
Hamburger $30
Bacon and egg roll $18
200 grams each of good beef tonight for three = 260 baht, $12 Aud.

MarcTwoSix

Mashed potato, steamed carrot and BBQ Australian rib fillet, no photos cause I was hungry.
Very tasty if I do say so myself. Wife and daughter ate everything on their plate too.
We eat beef every second or third week otherwise pork or chicken with what ever veg is handy.
A mate back in Australia sent me a photo of a menu from a café in Grafton the other day.
Hamburger $30
Bacon and egg roll $18
No such thing as "good beef" in Thailand unless you are eating at the highest of high end steak houses, IMO
(And they are silly expensive and still not the best of the best)
Even in the burgers, it is horrible

Now pork and chicken in Thailand
I think are excellent

Moo Uaon

Hamburger $30
Bacon and egg roll $18
Fkd if i'd be eating there.
Can get a decent burger with bacon at a roadhouse at Bulladelah i regularly stop at for less than 10 bucks.Bacon and egg roll for $7 most places.

Burger with the lot out at Nullarbor roadhouse is my fav and because of the remoteness is $14 but i find it very hard to drive past there without stopping to get one 55 the bacon is almost like a steak :D

kaptainrob

Administrator
Can get a decent burger with bacon at a roadhouse at Bulladelah i regularly stop at for less than 10 bucks.Bacon and egg roll for $7 most places.

Burger with the lot out at Nullarbor roadhouse is my fav and because of the remoteness is $14 but i find it very hard to drive past there without stopping to get one 55 the bacon is almost like a steak :D
Bloody long way to go for a cheap feed, Lew. 555

Makro have Aussie beef in large cuts or portions for reasonable prices now. I like to mix a little pork with beef mince for tuscan meat balls or other dishes. For a really good bbq steak you can't beat The Dukes as all his Aussie beef is properly aged.

Bacon

Administrator

I've actually had to modify my route to work in the past cause I was putting on weight. This place sold home made pies and sausage rolls. My lack of willpower in the face of a steak, bacon and cheese pie is really quite pathetic.