What are you eating ?

kaptainrob

Administrator
Aussie yum cha among best anywhere. I had 2 favourites on the Gold Coast, Broad beach and Memaid beach, which I patronised for almost 20 years for Sunday lunch.

Bacon

Administrator
West coast is good too. We do have exceptional Chinese food here. The Shanghai dumplings are pretty much as good as the real thing.

kaptainrob

Administrator
West coast is good too. We do have exceptional Chinese food here. The Shanghai dumplings are pretty much as good as the real thing.
If this bloody covid ever permits travel without Q, I'll be visiting Brissie for the food, (and a new Bunnings straw hat.)
My son and his g/f have sussed out all the best places to eat.

MarcTwoSix

Some food at the all-inclusive we are staying at in Mexico

I would rate20210716_205141.jpg20210716_210148.jpg20210717_145827.jpg20210716_212232.jpg it 7 out of 10
Definitely the best food of any AI I've stayed at

MarcTwoSix

That looks fantastic.
I'm bummed out a bit
Ao stayed in last night so figured I'd try the Lebanese place solo
Everything looked great by pics on QR menu

But was not operating on Saturday night

But wait until I start posting the food we will eat starting today out in the real world

It's amazing down here

chelski

I love Asahi black. Delicious beer. Goes well with the thick, fatty broth of the ramen too.
Bacon, do they serve Asahi black in any of the local bottle shops here in Perth, cant say that I have seen it anywhere.
From your photo, it looks a bit like Coopers Extra Stout

Bacon

Administrator
Yeah I buy Asahi all the time. Both normal and black are in most bottle shops. Probably one of those things you'll start seeing all the time now that you've thought about it 55.

chelski

Will have to check out Dan Murphys
When I went to Vietnam a couple of years ago, there were a couple of Craft Brewery's on the beach walkway in Nha Trang that did some great Dark Larger's that were both very enjoyable and refreshing

kaptainrob

Administrator
Will have to check out Dan Murphys
When I went to Vietnam a couple of years ago, there were a couple of Craft Brewery's on the beach walkway in Nha Trang that did some great Dark Larger's that were both very enjoyable and refreshing
Asahi is a favourite brew of mine though I haven't seen the black here. Vietnam is spoilt for excellent craft brews, relatively cheap too.

MarcTwoSix

But this is my favorite restaurant in all of Mexico

El Tabano

Stuffed Jalepeno peppers and coconut shrimp 20210724_193056.jpg20210724_194120.jpg

I don't know what happened, but tonight we were the only ones in the whole restaurant
The food is inventive and amazing

The coconut shrimp may have been the best cooked meal I ever had
I'm not even talking about the actual taste, which is amazing
But just the actual cooking of the meal
Perfection