What are you eating ?

chelski

M26
How big is that lobster,.
How big a knob of butter did you put on it and how long did u have it in the oven
I would leave off the breadcrumbs as well.

When I 1st come to Australia 40 years ago, I could not believe how much seafood was deep fried, and or crummed etc.
From what I had seen of Aus on the TV it was all cooked fresh

Personally I still think that some of the UK fish is much tastier than a lot of the Aus fish.
My favorite fish from the UK was Sole (flat fish) and my fav is Rock Salmon, which is similar to a normal Salmon but white flesh.
Every time I go back to the UK it is the 1st fish I eat.

In Thailand (especially Samui), we go to the beach and have Tuna, Swordfish Steaks or Mackeral (around 300-400g) cooked on the coals on the beach.
Cannot beat it

MarcTwoSix

M26
How big is that lobster,.
How big a knob of butter did you put on it and how long did u have it in the oven
I would leave off the breadcrumbs as well.

When I 1st come to Australia 40 years ago, I could not believe how much seafood was deep fried, and or crummed etc.
From what I had seen of Aus on the TV it was all cooked fresh

Personally I still think that some of the UK fish is much tastier than a lot of the Aus fish.
My favorite fish from the UK was Sole (flat fish) and my fav is Rock Salmon, which is similar to a normal Salmon but white flesh.
Every time I go back to the UK it is the 1st fish I eat.

In Thailand (especially Samui), we go to the beach and have Tuna, Swordfish Steaks or Mackeral (around 300-400g) cooked on the coals on the beach.
Cannot beat it
The lobsters were about 1.5lbs each

Decent amount of butter and garlic but not over the the top

Yeah I didn't love the breadcrums on it

But I do love what we called "broiled" fish in Boston

Baked with breadcrumbs and butter
The fish has more natural juices so does well breaded
The lobster was too dry

I make really good grilled seafood also
Olive oil, paprika, Chilli pepper
Very easy and comes out great

Moo Uaon

My favorite fish from the UK was Sole (flat fish)
That's my fav here in Oz Chels.

Are you saying the UK variety is tastier than ours here? if so it might be a reason to visit next time i go to Europe instead of totally avoiding the place like my last trip over that way 😁

MarcTwoSix

That's my fav here in Oz Chels.

Are you saying the UK variety is tastier than ours here? if so it might be a reason to visit next time i go to Europe instead of totally avoiding the place like my last trip over that way 😁
It could be..... lobster(definitely) and fish supposedly taste better from colder water

Stillearly

Found this restaurant that does small , starter size portions of tapas ... been back several times , its outstanding

Gambas pil pil , salt and pepper squid , bread with garlic Mayo, white chocolate cheesecake with hazelnuts in the base .. honey and soy ribs :love: , confit of lamb in harissa with chickpea and tomato salad , focaccia with tomato and chilli ..not in correct order

F032DD74-B713-489B-9FD5-19C1DFB6D11E.jpegBAA7E75E-44AD-46B0-A0D9-FDF8703B3F14.jpeg15861B4E-7C82-41D9-9E67-A1524D0981D7.jpeg1854D027-F70E-47C4-8C39-2BE37FF9DD56.jpegD831F2B2-0BDA-4E2B-9C93-65EB4E2C9B73.jpeg4D7908F6-87D0-4124-B2B7-6A69B2E32429.jpegEF3F3981-71EE-4AFA-953A-1D46FF417968.jpegE1DB8CEF-6330-428C-AB04-1513EF878B31.jpeg

MarcTwoSix

Found this restaurant that does small , starter size portions of tapas ... been back several times , its outstanding

Gambas pil pil , salt and pepper squid , bread with garlic Mayo, white chocolate cheesecake with hazelnuts in the base .. honey and soy ribs :love: , confit of lamb in harissa with chickpea and tomato salad , focaccia with tomato and chilli ..not in correct order

View attachment 2683View attachment 2684View attachment 2685View attachment 2686View attachment 2687View attachment 2688View attachment 2689View attachment 2690
Looks great

But what you are eating are tapas 5555

Tapas are starter sized 😀

PS...Also my favorite type of food/dish in the world! Just a brilliant idea

Stillearly

Looks great

But what you are eating are tapas 5555

Tapas are starter sized 😀

PS...Also my favorite type of food/dish in the world! Just a brilliant idea
depends on the restaurants you go to smartarse .. a lot of places in Spain only do tapas for two or three people and not just for one

that's why I'm happy that I found this place