What are you eating ?

kaptainrob

Administrator
Following on from the 'eye clinic' thread, we've just enjoyed Korean fried chicken tapas and craft beers at Chang Won, Asoke. https://www.facebook.com/changwonexpress/?

Conveniently located adjacent the #3 exit from MRT Petchaburi and 30m from FX Makassan hotel, it's a lively little joint and I enjoyed 3 of the Thai craft beers. Although US and Euro are also on tap I didn't get a chance to imbibe.

Fried chicken was so fresh and tasty, the wife ordered more and more, now FTB. Need sleep.

IMG-7817b364ef527d3b17ab78dc822118cf-V.jpg

MarcTwoSix

The lighting doesn't capture the sear of the steak that well

But this is the best steak I've ever cooked
Restaurant quality

Stainless steel pan
High heat and olive oil

Sear the fat cap
Then sear one side about 1:30
Sear other side 1min to 1:30

Pull off, turn heat to low medium

Then put in garlic and butter and baste it for about 1 min on each side

Sit for 5mins
Perfect medium rare .....

20240303_184603.jpg

Dupree

The lighting doesn't capture the sear of the steak that well

But this is the best steak I've ever cooked
Restaurant quality

Stainless steel pan
High heat and olive oil

Sear the fat cap
Then sear one side about 1:30
Sear other side 1min to 1:30

Pull off, turn heat to low medium

Then put in garlic and butter and baste it for about 1 min on each side

Sit for 5mins
Perfect medium rare .....

View attachment 10238
New York cut? 1.5"?

bacwaan

I had the greek version of that today before sitting through the excellent 3 hour marathon that was Dune Pt2...

lamb shoulder chunks, creamy eggplant, red peppers all slow roasted....wrapped in a Pita with babaganoosh, cos lettuce and lemon tsatsiki...a couple of long pickled green greek peppers and fries on the side....didn't touch the fries and got about a half way through the Pita....the other half will be dinner much later tonight

MarcTwoSix

I had the greek version of that today before sitting through the excellent 3 hour marathon that was Dune Pt2...

lamb shoulder chunks, creamy eggplant, red peppers all slow roasted....wrapped in a Pita with babaganoosh, cos lettuce and lemon tsatsiki...a couple of long pickled green greek peppers and fries on the side....didn't touch the fries and got about a half way through the Pita....the other half will be dinner much later tonight
Every version from every country is good! 😀

We used to have a truck outside my office

Israeli Shizlik

It was a lamb kafta(with ground lamb and spices)

Amazing

Stillearly

Think I asked this on a prior trip

But what's your Thai/Western food ratio?
this trip , it probably has been 50/50 .. on a shorter trips I try and eat local food more

but saying that I rarely look for English food and have never eaten a Sunday Roast in Asia , bacon and egg sometimes , I've never eaten Asian breakfasts .... Western food has mostly been Italian , I think .. 🤔