What is your work situation?

MarcTwoSix

Just wondering what is the work situation for eveyeone 9 months into Covid

I've worked a lot more at home because I have a nurse come every 3-4 days for wound care after having a minor cyst removal
And then dealing with my brother, easier to be home making/taking calls

I don't mind WFH, before I didn't like it

I like a good 70/30 office/WFH

As for my office
I'd say my whole firm is almost 95% WFH still

Trade desk is 50% WFH

anmeno

I have been working from home office since I traveled to Thailand Last November, If I have known what I know now I wouldn't have flown back to Norway end of March.

MarcTwoSix

I have been working from home office since I traveled to Thailand Last November, If I have known what I know now I wouldn't have flown back to Norway end of March.
I am confused, last I thought you and your wife were flying to Norway?
So you never left Thailand?

Moo Uaon

I'm more than happy to have a few days break ATM. Been hectic.
My girl has been working 38 hours/week the last 3 months too.

OZZYGUY

My work stopped when Covid started, I cannot travel and most of my work is in Melbourne and Sydney. It was coming to a end anyway with a new guy that started.

When it stopped I decided to turn my hobby business into a full time job. Added a online store and extra tours and bang I have a fun job, money isnt as good as acquisitions but its more of a lifestyle job. Also because I dont get my old income I qualify for all the the Govenment Covid hand outs.

Tingtong

Me...Same as Before Covid . Retired and Finances Intact , My Super Balance only dipper about $20 K . So, Same Same But The Same .

PeteGill

I have been working from home since late March and will continue to do so until I retire an a couple of months time.
Never could have imagined that my career would end quite in this fashion. But aside from the odd feeling of missing the contact I have no issues with the work from home concept.

Plus I a saving on having to splash out on a retirement party 5555

Bacon

Administrator
No lockdowns here so business as usual for me, but other states are screwing up our schedule big time. I was expecting a support crew from Adelaide on Monday to finish off odds and ends on our project as we need to start on Queensland early next year, but they got turned around at the airport due to 17 new cases there. So I'll have to make due with a limited team here which will push the timelines out for remaining open issues. This comes at a high cost as we have consultants on our payroll. Big, complicated projects occupy a lot of headspace, so you cant easily assign people to other jobs in the meantime.

Mostly just looking forward to Christmas. I'm gonna take 3 weeks off and sleep off two of it.

wabbits

Well I planned a 3 month break at the start of the year and it turned to six all a distant memory now.
Business as usual in WA

Bacon

Administrator
^ Yeah, it starts to get a bit wet after a while. And then you run into orcs and goblins.