What is your work situation?

Bacon

Administrator
Rat nest island?
WA has some good holiday spots and plenty of good food.
Enjoy the down time.
To hard for me to come back to Aust let alone getting back to Thailand.
Fucked up world, as they say.
Just enjoy what you got man. I'm doing the same. Greener grass and all that. We all could be doing way worse.

Bacon

Administrator
hire a camper van a drive round Oz for a couple of months , maybe not round ...., but must be some places you want to see
I'm thinking of a lakeside cabin down south. Finishing rod and a bunch of books and that's me for a week or two. I've been looking at hiking as well. Trouble is with covid, everything is booked out. So hard to find places at home since people can't travel internationally and everything is open locally. But if I can find a place it'd be awesome.

Throw in the odd weekend at a hotel here and there with party supplies and some local gals and it's merry Christmas Bacon.

MarcTwoSix

I'm thinking of a lakeside cabin down south. Finishing rod and a bunch of books and that's me for a week or two. I've been looking at hiking as well. Trouble is with covid, everything is booked out. So hard to find places at home since people can't travel internationally and everything is open locally. But if I can find a place it'd be awesome.

Throw in the odd weekend at a hotel here and there with party supplies and some local gals and it's merry Christmas Bacon.
I've taken weeks off here and there to travel in BC this year
Not as exciting as Intl travel but way more relaxing of a holiday

No flights, jump in and out of the car

Basically I hiked all day 9am-2/3pm
Hit a spot for lunch and beers
Back to place to hang at pool/room for a few hours
Dinner and drinks and home by 10pm, read and go to bed

Rinse and repeat

MarcTwoSix

I'm cooked and need a break. I've quit the project and decided to take a few weeks off. I'll work next week and won't go back till Feb. Possibly March if I'm feeling lazy.

I wonder if I can spend a good few weeks in LoS and fly back mid Feb or something.
I really want to take a 3 month leave of absence next year if this mess is all cleared up
My situation is ideal to do this because I would only lose my salary but still get paid what I make from my business, which is 90% of my pay

My firm offers it and lots of people do it
I'd look at it as a sort of slight pause before the last 5-6yrs of my career

Moo Uaon

Do some relocations...

Bacon

Administrator
^ That is awesome! Basically a free holiday. They even give you grace days for pissfarting around.

Moo Uaon

^ That is awesome! Basically a free holiday. They even give you grace days for pissfarting around.
The extra days are quite reasonably priced too.
The ones I used were very new and drove well.
A 4 Berth Merc would be be great for 1 or 2 people.

MarcTwoSix

Well looks like I will be working in Boston all of June and July

I talked to my boss and I didn't even know that he got approvals from the top guys
I didn't know he was already doing that

Already started looking for apartments in Boston

And applying right away for a US visa for Nut
From reading I think he should get it fairly easy given he is in University and his Mom already has a US visa for 8 years

And the processing and interview times were surprisingly not long waiting times

He would come for a month, then head back to Thailand
It will be great for him to meet everyone but especially my nephews and their gf's

I will likely take the train to NYC every Thursday (or most weeks )and stay Thurs/Friday or Thurs/Fri/Sat

I would think Ao will come sometimes and the others times she will just stay in Boston

Very excited

Just need to figure out our vaccines
(I have a 100% in to get them for both of us in Boston but prefer not to do it that way)

Quarky

Administrator
Well looks like I will be working in Boston all of June and July

I talked to my boss and I didn't even know that he got approvals from the top guys
I didn't know he was already doing that

Already started looking for apartments in Boston

And applying right away for a US visa for Nut
From reading I think he should get it fairly easy given he is in University and his Mom already has a US visa for 8 years

And the processing and interview times were surprisingly not long waiting times

He would come for a month, then head back to Thailand
It will be great for him to meet everyone but especially my nephews and their gf's

I will likely take the train to NYC every Thursday (or most weeks )and stay Thurs/Friday or Thurs/Fri/Sat

I would think Ao will come sometimes and the others times she will just stay in Boston

Very excited

Just need to figure out our vaccines
(I have a 100% in to get them for both of us in Boston but prefer not to do it that way)
Won't there be a two week quarantine for Nut... Both ways?

Seems strange all this travel. We can't leave the UK currently. £5k fine if you try.

MarcTwoSix

Won't there be a two week quarantine for Nut... Both ways?

Seems strange all this travel. We can't leave the UK currently. £5k fine if you try.
Are we in the trust tree Quarky?

Completely forgot!!

It is 7 days and need negative test 72hrs before travel
14 days would have been tough but 7 ok

But I kind of jumped the gun on the visa for Nut also, I just realized
Ao can 100% enter US as spouse of US citizen
But not is not my child
So he may not be able to

We will give it a shot

Quarky

Administrator
Are we in the trust tree Quarky?