What website do you use to book flights-accommodation

MarcTwoSix

Still use Orbitz and Kayak Paulie?

What about hotels in the US?
I use Hotels.com when booking for business because it gives you a free night after 10 stays at the average of the 10 nights
And I'm not beholden to one points program with that

But if I do it personally I still use Hotwire and book "Hot Rates " where you choose star rating and they show the amenities but you don't know hotel after you book and paid

Still get really good deals that way

Nomad

Thanks. Hotwire looks good. Haven't used that site before. I see they tell you it will be one of a small list of hotels, which takes away the uncertainty of ending up with a dud hotel or location.

Which area would you recommend for 5 nights as a tourist in NY?

MarcTwoSix

Thanks. Hotwire looks good. Haven't used that site before. I see they tell you it will be one of a small list of hotels, which takes away the uncertainty of ending up with a dud hotel or location.

Grand Central and Midtown East to be right in thick of things and GC provides easy subway to anywhere

World Trade-Wall St if you want a more relaxed area with again, WTC giving easy subway access to anywhere (and actually some really nice areas, Stone Street, Seaport)

SoHo/Tribeca and Gramercy/Flatiron for more 'mom and pop" type restaurants and shops

Central Park South is nice area and walkable to Midtown, has the park and good museums

MarcTwoSix

When will you be there? i have a couple trips coming up

Dupree

I stayed on the Lower East Side. It was fun. But not too crowded.