When does processing actually start....

K

kingswood

hello all again.
So the father in law has applied for a partner visa for his wife. Actually they put the form in in Thailand in February this year...Since then, he forgot the certified copy of the marriage cert...has since put this in. Now he has being asked for police clearances as these were missing also....
My question is: When does the visa processing time actually start from??? Feb, or when they have actually put all the required forms in???
Thank you :)

Gazmac

I think you find that its from Feb, when it was submitted ! That's how it has worked for us . We are in the process of doing the second part for PR, and the 2 years according to Immi is August. We originally applied in August 2012.

Rivo

Exactly like Gazmac has said, the waiting period will start from the day Immigration recieve the paperwork, he would of recieved an email confirming the date all was recieved. Usually a request for medicals will come soon after and then later police check and any other paperwork required or not originally sent in, then its just wait 555

About 10 months at the moment

K

kingswood

Things moving ahead for the father in law!.....Tells us this morning that his wife (she is back in Thailand) had a call saying that the visa "has been processed" and she should get a call next week advising her if approved....does that sound normal??
Cheers :)

Rivo

^ What type of communication have they requested ?...................With ours it was all email through my email address and we were notified of approval by email only, no phonecall at all, although that could be from my missus not having her phone turned on 555

K

kingswood

not sure mate....
I guess that getting a call advising that processing is complete means it has been sent for final approval (??????)...that is the way the Father in law is interpreting it, so just wanted to clarify!
He seems to think that they will get approval next week.....Is it usual to notify the party that the processing is complete and that the visa is pending approval???

Rivo

We had no notification for months.............then an email arrived saying approved.

I do know people that did get a phone call saying the decision is nearly due to be made.

K

kingswood

Rivo;202551 said:
We had no notification for months.............then an email arrived saying approved.

I do know people that did get a phone call saying the decision is nearly due to be made.
Thank you. this is good news then :) He will be very happy!

Z

Zablive

Rivo;202540 said:
^ What type of communication have they requested ?...................With ours it was all email through my email address and we were notified of approval by email only, no phonecall at all, although that could be from my missus not having her phone turned on 555

So your missus is not Thai? 555!

matto

When my gf got her visa approved they called her and sent me a email pretty much at the same time.

Gazmac

Email only for us . then about 2 weeks later Tane got a phone call to come pick up all the paperwork we had submitted over the last few visa apps.

C

Changone

kingswood;202536 said:
Things moving ahead for the father in law!.....Tells us this morning that his wife (she is back in Thailand) had a call saying that the visa "has been processed" and she should get a call next week advising her if approved....does that sound normal??
Cheers :)
Has he paid yet? Could need a bank loan after tomorrow....

K

kingswood

Changone;202620 said:
Has he paid yet? Could need a bank loan after tomorrow....
Sorry mate, paid what??....He paid for the visa application when they lodged it...is there more?!!!:confused:

C

Changone

Good if he's paid it then, 50% increase from tomorrow, result ?

K

kingswood

matto;204281 said:
So how did he go kingswood?
yep they received confirmation on Wed that she has the partner visa :)!! So filed in Feb last year and approed January, so 11 months. He is over the moon and is off to get them in a few weeks.
i am happy as it means free Thai food for life ;)!!!
Attached files