Where dreams go to die - a Farang deaths in Thailand website

Minder

Well-known member
https://www.farang-deaths.com/

A British man who had just arrived back from England was found hanged in his home in Phuket. Police are assuming it was a suicide....

An Englishman, who had separated from his wife of 15 years to start a relationship with a younger woman, was found dead in his apartment in Udon Thani. .....


In Phuket, a German retiree was strangled to death by his Thai wife during an argument in which she accused him of having an affair with another woman......


Say what you like - it does make for some interesting reading. ;teary;
 

PeteGill

Well-known member
Look you gotta die somewhere, may as well be LOS 555

People get so hung up about death, but it is all just part of the process. You are born, you live and then you die.
 

Quarky

Administrator
^Yes does seem to be a lot of hung ups... 55

I wonder what the true percentage is of suicides/ murders...
 
P

phaisan

Guest
As much as people pay out on Thai police, the farang suicide rate compared to murder is massive.

The Thai suicide rate is up there too, but not reported in most English language news.

Most people unless you work in that field have no idea what the normal suicide rate is especially in the west were they don't report it as it causes more suicides (how screwed it that)
 

PeteGill

Well-known member
My guess would be motor accidents and swimming accidents are at the top, followed by natural causes. A lot of old Farang who living out their years.

But suicide and murder are far more interesting.....
 

Dupree

Well-known member
In Marin County most guys in their 50s die from bike riding. But its not heart attacks. Usually a pickup truck...55 ....that's why I prefer mountain biking...:)
 

PeteGill

Well-known member
Stillearly;344681 said:
it looks better on the death certificate and makes life easier for the boys in brown ;)
It does, but I do think the guys who have either managed to blow their savings or pension are part of it. As are the old fools who have fallen hopelessly in love only to get dumped must make up a few.
 

Ian Forbes

New member
Cuzzy;344668 said:
Why so many suicides by westerners in LOS?? Got me baffled
Quite simple, really. Men who haven't planned their life well come to Thailand with not enough money and hope to make a life there. Then, they run out of money, their health goes sour and all the honeys no longer want them. They can't go back to where they came from and Thailand doesn't want them.
 
Z

Zablive

Guest
I don't know about this - I came to Thailand to live longer, which is working nicely.
 

Ian Forbes

New member
Zablive;344754 said:
I don't know about this - I came to Thailand to live longer, which is working nicely.
There is "living" and there is being "alive". There can be a difference. I know I've felt younger when I came to Thailand. And, being with younger people makes life more "interesting".
 

Hatari

Active member
BBC News: Andrew Apperley Thailand death: Inquiry branded 'medieval'
16 November 2017

An investigation into the death of a British tourist in Thailand has been branded "medieval" by a coroner.
Sussex coroner Alan Craze made the criticism at the inquest into the death of Andrew Apperley, whose body was found on the island of Koh Phangan.
Thai investigating officer Suteep Chadakan had given Mr Apperley's cause of death as asphyxiation by drowning.
But Mr Craze said the cause of death was unascertained because of poor information provided to him.
Mr Apperley was reported missing after failing to return to his hotel following a Full Moon party in February. His body was found four days later.
At the hearing in Eastbourne, Mr Craze also said a toxicology report carried out by the Thai authorities was "medieval".
Because of the extent the body had decomposed by the time British pathologists could carry out their own examination, they were unable to find a clear cause of death, the court heard.
In a statement read out by Mr Craze, police captain Chadakan said a post-mortem examination found no signs of trauma or external wound consistent with a struggle.
He said 38-year-old Mr Apperley "was drinking and taking other substances and became delusional" during the party, and "walked into the sea where rocks extended out into deep water and drowned".
However, the family previously told the BBC they were pressing the Thai authorities to investigate further because they suspected foul play.
They had found text messages on his phone dating from 13 February, suggesting he felt in danger, they said.
Mr Apperley, who was raised in Gloucestershire and had a young daughter, was staying in a hotel on the island of Koh Samui, from there he headed by boat for the party on Koh Phangan.
Mr Craze recorded an open conclusion on the cause of his death.
 
P

phaisan

Guest
Hatari;346402 said:
BBC News: Andrew Apperley Thailand death: Inquiry branded 'medieval'
16 November 2017

An investigation into the death of a British tourist in Thailand has been branded "medieval" by a coroner.
Sussex coroner Alan Craze made the criticism at the inquest into the death of Andrew Apperley, whose body was found on the island of Koh Phangan.
Thai investigating officer Suteep Chadakan had given Mr Apperley's cause of death as asphyxiation by drowning.
But Mr Craze said the cause of death was unascertained because of poor information provided to him.
Mr Apperley was reported missing after failing to return to his hotel following a Full Moon party in February. His body was found four days later.
At the hearing in Eastbourne, Mr Craze also said a toxicology report carried out by the Thai authorities was "medieval".
Because of the extent the body had decomposed by the time British pathologists could carry out their own examination, they were unable to find a clear cause of death, the court heard.
In a statement read out by Mr Craze, police captain Chadakan said a post-mortem examination found no signs of trauma or external wound consistent with a struggle.
He said 38-year-old Mr Apperley "was drinking and taking other substances and became delusional" during the party, and "walked into the sea where rocks extended out into deep water and drowned".
However, the family previously told the BBC they were pressing the Thai authorities to investigate further because they suspected foul play.
They had found text messages on his phone dating from 13 February, suggesting he felt in danger, they said.
Mr Apperley, who was raised in Gloucestershire and had a young daughter, was staying in a hotel on the island of Koh Samui, from there he headed by boat for the party on Koh Phangan.
Mr Craze recorded an open conclusion on the cause of his death.
The Thai authorities explanation seems completely plausible and the Sussex coroner is basing his findings on information provided, so isn't of much value.
 

Ian Forbes

New member
phaisan;346556 said:
The Thai authorities explanation seems completely plausible and the Sussex coroner is basing his findings on information provided, so isn't of much value.
Life is a risk every single day. The choices we make are a contributing factor. If you drink, take drugs or smoke, there are consequences. If you ride a motorbike or even a little scooter, there are serious risks involved. If you go swimming in a rough ocean or a rapid river, there are risks. Mix a little alcohol in with the exuberance of youth and the risks elevate considerably.

Who knows the complete story of what happened in the death of Mr Apperley. Pretty hard to determine after a decomposing body is found in the ocean. He took some risks and didn't survive.
 
P

phaisan

Guest
Ian Forbes;346563 said:
Life is a risk every single day. The choices we make are a contributing factor. If you drink, take drugs or smoke, there are consequences. If you ride a motorbike or even a little scooter, there are serious risks involved. If you go swimming in a rough ocean or a rapid river, there are risks. Mix a little alcohol in with the exuberance of youth and the risks elevate considerably.

Who knows the complete story of what happened in the death of Mr Apperley. Pretty hard to determine after a decomposing body is found in the ocean. He took some risks and didn't survive.
I agree with you and to add to it, why should Thai authorities waste time and money on investigating any further. They wouldn't have done half of it for a Thai.
 
M

meese

Guest
a lot of farangs of low standing seem to find there way to thailand and end up living in a room with a fan...and when the money truely runs out...pride often gets in the way
this song really sums it for me

https://youtu.be/ZXkk65PdKyM
 
Z

Zablive

Guest
PeteGill;346673 said:
Yip it is all about standards 5555
Load of crap - sampling some always were-always will be no hopers without a pot to piss in is in no way representative of the average expat.
Please give examples from CM and Kamala respectively where you habituate on your sex holidays!
Your standards are greatly improved here in getting fckd 555!
 

PeteGill

Well-known member
Zablive;346676 said:
Load of crap - sampling some always were-always will be no hopers without a pot to piss in is in no way representative of the average expat.
Please give examples from CM and Kamala respectively where you habituate on your sex holidays!
Your standards are greatly improved here in getting fckd 555!
...............................
 
Top