Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Arliss Michaels
  • 1 Post By Scottie
  • 1 Post By Scottie

Thread: Air Asia Plus by Condo

  1. #1
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    55
    Posts
    10,463

    Air Asia Plus by Condo

    [SIZE="4"]I would use this site. It will search 2 weeks worth of Airasia flights and I dont think you will find any cheaper.[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="5"]Condo[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="5"]Check it out[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="5"]Jet Star Search[/SIZE]

    [SIZE="5"]By Minder[/SIZE]
    .

  2. #2
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth WA & Toowoomba Qld , Australia
    Age
    60
    Posts
    3,732
    Can we add this link for Jetstar searches - BNE to Phuket, Perth to Singapore - that sort of thing -

    https://book.jetstar.com/LowFareFind...FFENAURedirect
    Life is the unexpected ...

  3. #3
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    9,280
    AirAsiaPlus is a superb tool. I open it in a separate window whilst going thru the normal AA login/booking process to save on annoying time-outs and site lag. Many thanks to Condo for the original link.

    One point of interest worth noting for frequent AA bargain hunter-buyers: if you ever buy a special and don't use the (non-refundable) promo-ticket, you can get a refund on airport tax component(s) from any AA office. I did this whilst in KUL with unused promo-tickets and had ~AU$35 credited. Not bad since the 3 tickets had only cost $112 when originally purchased.
    Cheers, Rob.
    LBFM lives matter!

  4. #4
    PatongBeachBoy
    Guest
    Air Asia plus doesn't seem to be working anymore!

  5. #5
    PatongBeachBoy
    Guest
    And guess what..... now it is!

  6. #6
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    55
    Posts
    10,463
    Magic.............he he
    .

  7. #7
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,222
    More on Air Asia, found this out from the olds who use them to fly to Malaysia and usually spend a week at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia) - 246 Hotel Reviews & 277 Photos - TripAdvisor and use Air Asia. As this webpage AirAsia - Upgrade Travel Option states you pay a small free and are put in a wait list raffle for an upgrade if seats are available and only have to pay 25% more, if you don't get an upgrade then money refunded. Olds got an upgrade 2 from 2 now and yesterdays flight cost them an extra $100 I think for the move up the front.
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 24th April 2012 at 21:20.
    wabbits likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

  8. #8
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    9,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    More on Air Asia, found this out from the olds who use them to fly to Malaysia and usually spend a week at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa (Petaling Jaya, Malaysia) - 246 Hotel Reviews & 277 Photos - TripAdvisor and use Air Asia. As this webpage AirAsia - Upgrade Travel Option states you pay a small free and are put in a wait list raffle for an upgrade if seats are available and only have to pay 25% more, if you don't get an upgrade then money refunded. Olds got an upgrade 2 from 2 now and yesterdays flight cost them an extra $100 I think for the move up the front.
    OptionTown might work on short-haul but a waste of time on AAX. Worth a try but it's like waiting to win Gold Lotto, IMHO.
    Cheers, Rob.
    LBFM lives matter!

  9. #9
    Cadet silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    170
    Old thread I know but, Airasia now offer this through Option Town. I will give it a go on my next trip

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    lOZt
    Posts
    2,891
    Just booked an AirAsia flight DMK to MEL (via KL), and it is worth looking at different ways to put together the flights.

    When I looked this morning:
    1. Return flight selected and DMK to MEL leg was $367
    2. One way flight selected = $335
    3. Separate legs (ie DMK to KL and KL to MEL) = $304

    When I tried again this evening, 2 & 3 were generating similar results, yet 2 was cheaper this time, yet only by a small amount. The best price (ie 2) had also fallen to ~ $290.

    I was also looking at flying to Singapore and it was offering cheaper fares to fly MEL to SIN (via KL) than MEL to KL when the MEL to KL leg was the same!

    Anyway, worth plugging in couple of different options before booking, and you may need to take the booking beyond the first screen to make sure you are comparing apples with apples (i.e. inclusive of taxes, etc).
    Last edited by Nomad; 20th August 2013 at 21:06.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    19,537
    ^ interesting.

    The only downside with 2 separate flights is that you`d have to go through immigration and collect your bags at KUL and check in again instead of having them forwarded to your final destination and slip through the transit gate...which is a bit a pain these days with long queues and wait to get into the departure lounge because of the AA desks checking boarding passes and even slower bag scan after that..
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me
    ― Pink Floyd

  12. #12
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    9,280
    Cheers, Rob.
    LBFM lives matter!

  13. #13
    Cadet silver Scottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    West Oz
    Age
    47
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ interesting.

    The only downside with 2 separate flights is that you`d have to go through immigration and collect your bags at KUL and check in again instead of having them forwarded to your final destination and slip through the transit gate...which is a bit a pain these days with long queues and wait to get into the departure lounge because of the AA desks checking boarding passes and even slower bag scan after that..
    I only travel with carry on luggage usually and going through KLIA2 was a breeze to get to my connecting flight to U-Tapao (Pattaya/Rayong Airport)

    KLIA2 has a sea of Air Asia planes (with a small smattering of Malindo planes.

    Landing closer to Pattaya was a great benefit and only a 30 odd minute drive in a a mini-bus to downtown Pattaya, plus there are domestic flights to other parts of Thailand.

    U-Tapao is a very dated airport and hasn't been doing international flights for very long so only has around 5 or 6 immigration counters and you are taken to the terminal building via bus from the plane at this time. My advice is stand close to the exit door on the bus (front right from memory) so you can exit the bus swiftly and be the first few to be processed and exit the airport building. The aero-bridges are planned to be built this year.

    The overall experience of flying to U-Tapao was not bad and certainly cheaper than Don Muang and it's related delays in getting to Pattaya via bus or taxi and the slow traffic flow.

    The minibus's are directly across the road from the automatic doors as you exit the building (you will see the drivers waiting on the grassy verge) and the price to Pattaya was Bt250 from memory and I was dropped off at my hotel just off Pattaya Klang so was close to the Baht bus route on 2nd road.

    I never sussed out how to get back to the airport via minibus but there is a service leaving from central Pattaya.

    There are plans underway for the airport expansion as BKK and DMK are struggling to deal with all the planes that arrive.

    They have already started the connection to the highway making the drive to Pattaya in probably 15 - 20 minutes or so.

    Full scale launch of Thailand̢۪s u-tapao airport pushed back yet again

    Proposed New Terminal
    U-Tapao-Airport-expansion.jpg
    Last edited by Scottie; 27th February 2018 at 13:08.
    Hatari likes this.
    Cheers

    Scottie

  14. #14
    Cadet silver Scottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    West Oz
    Age
    47
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Just booked an AirAsia flight DMK to MEL (via KL), and it is worth looking at different ways to put together the flights.

    When I looked this morning:
    1. Return flight selected and DMK to MEL leg was $367
    2. One way flight selected = $335
    3. Separate legs (ie DMK to KL and KL to MEL) = $304

    When I tried again this evening, 2 & 3 were generating similar results, yet 2 was cheaper this time, yet only by a small amount. The best price (ie 2) had also fallen to ~ $290.

    I was also looking at flying to Singapore and it was offering cheaper fares to fly MEL to SIN (via KL) than MEL to KL when the MEL to KL leg was the same!

    Anyway, worth plugging in couple of different options before booking, and you may need to take the booking beyond the first screen to make sure you are comparing apples with apples (i.e. inclusive of taxes, etc).
    I noticed a flight with AA from Mel - UTP (Pattaya/Rayong Airport) via KL for $420 return, I only looked at one random flight in May so there will be cheaper fares (especially during sales)
    Cheers

    Scottie

  15. #15
    Cadet silver Scottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    West Oz
    Age
    47
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I only travel with carry on luggage usually and going through KLIA2 was a breeze to get to my connecting flight to U-Tapao (Pattaya/Rayong Airport)

    KLIA2 has a sea of Air Asia planes (with a small smattering of Malindo planes.

    Landing closer to Pattaya was a great benefit and only a 30 odd minute drive in a a mini-bus to downtown Pattaya, plus there are domestic flights to other parts of Thailand.

    U-Tapao is a very dated airport and hasn't been doing international flights for very long so only has around 5 or 6 immigration counters and you are taken to the terminal building via bus from the plane at this time. My advice is stand close to the exit door on the bus (front right from memory) so you can exit the bus swiftly and be the first few to be processed and exit the airport building. The aero-bridges are planned to be built this year.

    The overall experience of flying to U-Tapao was not bad and certainly cheaper than Don Muang and it's related delays in getting to Pattaya via bus or taxi and the slow traffic flow.

    The minibus's are directly across the road from the automatic doors as you exit the building (you will see the drivers waiting on the grassy verge) and the price to Pattaya was Bt250 from memory and I was dropped off at my hotel just off Pattaya Klang so was close to the Baht bus route on 2nd road.

    I never sussed out how to get back to the airport via minibus but there is a service leaving from central Pattaya.

    There are plans underway for the airport expansion as BKK and DMK are struggling to deal with all the planes that arrive.

    They have already started the connection to the highway making the drive to Pattaya in probably 15 - 20 minutes or so.

    Full scale launch of Thailand̢۪s u-tapao airport pushed back yet again

    Proposed New Terminal
    U-Tapao-Airport-expansion.jpg
    They have kicked out the private taxi drivers from U-Tapao now and uses a fleet of a large company, I never waited to find out how much their mini bus was I just jumped in their taxi @1200

    Whilst on Pattaya Klang I stoppled off a Taxi shop and asked her how much to return to U-Tapao and it turned out to only be Bt800 so booked it immediately.

    Got picked up from my hotel early and we were at the airport in 30 - 35 minutes.

    Nop Taxi Service
    smekempang@gmail.com
    038 411 318
    Last edited by Scottie; 27th February 2019 at 11:08.
    Rockitt likes this.
    Cheers

    Scottie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •